“I will always come back”
Review of Inn on the Beach

Inn on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The best way to describe Inn at the Beach is peaceful. Steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Shiela is a gem. Got a question she has the answer. This was my third visit and I am already checking out dates for my next visit. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have the conveniences of home but it is NOT home...
The town of Pass-a-grille is a quiet little town - perfect for resting. On the other hand just a few streets away from the INN you can find music, resturants, shops and people. I love it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KayCleveland
There are newer reviews for Inn on the Beach

Reviewed August 27, 2009

Stayed at the Inn at the Beach and all I can say is they used a very very good photographer because there are no beach front rooms. In actuality the first floor beach front room I stayed in was the parking lot facing north instead of west like the website makes it look. The reality is that my beachfront room facing the Gulf of Mexico[the way the website and the staged rooms] so instead of being beachfront it was bumper front; exhaust filled, car door slamming at 2am in the morning room. On a lighter note the area is fabulous I dined at a few of the local restaurants the Sea Shell had a great breakfast and the Hurricane was fair to midland dinner but the hi light of my dining experience was the Black Palm which far surpassed the Hurricane for Dinner. I would certainly consider other inns my next trip to Pass-A-Grille but I would do a bit more research.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank atapwj1225
INNonBeach, Manager/Innkeeper at Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2009

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but I am not happy that it is this reviewer's opinion that s/he stayed in an overpriced dungeon. It is true that none of our first floor rooms have a view of the Gulf, but it is not true that we tell prospective guests they have a view, when in fact, they do not. All reservations are made over the phone, since we do not take online reservations, and virtually every discussion of our first floor rooms with a prospective guest includes mention of the fact that these rooms do not have water views. Our parking lot is on the west side of the Inn, and the first floor west-facing windows are looking across our parking lot towards the beach, but not at the water. Almost those exact words come from my mouth every time I am speaking with a new guest about our rooms on the first floor. Nowhere in our print materials, or on or website, do we mention a water view in the description of those rooms, or their amenities. We have two second floor rooms which are on the west side of the Inn and have fabulous gulf views from inside the rooms and from their private balconies. Three other second floor rooms also have lovely views of the gulf, either front or side views.
There are no buildings directly on the sand in Pass-a-grille; there is a two-lane street with a 20mph speed limit between us and the beach. Once you cross the street, there is a short man-made walkover (approx 19 footsteps), and then, there is the beautiful white sand and sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. From any of our first floor rooms, you must walk approx 50 - 60 footsteps to get to the beach.
We are a small, independently-owned property with 12 rooms and a tiny marketing budget , so we don't have the time, money, or frankly, the inclination, to have our room photographs staged. We are proud of all of our rooms just the way they are: decorated and remodeled with tasteful furnishings and amenities, each uniquely done. We depend on our many repeat guests, our website and sites like Trip Advisor to give travelers a sense of who we are and what we have to offer. There is no good reason I can think of to try to deceive or be dishonest with prospective guests about our property. I am sorry this traveler felt they did not get what they were expecting when they stayed with us, but I do not feel that their description of the room they stayed in as an underground cell is at all warranted.

Reviewed August 3, 2009

Booked a room at the Inn on the Beach for this August to take advantage of their low summer rates and Florida resident discount. Overall, my wife and I were very pleased with our stay. We stayed in the "Hibiscus" room, downstairs near the outdoor kitchen. It was much bigger than expected, with a full kitchen, bath, king size bed, and patio. Right across from a gorgeous beach in Pass A Grille. The owner was very accommodating, lending us towels for the beach, chairs, and letting us park our vehicle in their lot even after checkout, so we could enjoy the beach. Our room was very clean, except there was a dead palmetto bug in our shower (but hey, this is Florida...it happens). Great place

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank argoss
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My fiancé and I found the Inn on the Beach a couple years ago and fell in love with the place. Neither of us are fans of commercialized beaches, hotels, and restaurants, which is why we were looking to stay in Pass-A-Grille. As for Inn on the Beach, it's a peaceful, quaint, and charming little inn that's conveniently located just steps from the beach and only a few blocks from the historic 'downtown' of Pass-A-Grille. Each of the rooms has it's own distinct style, perks, and personality, so each stay feels like a new adventure. One of the best parts of the inn is the lovely courtyard, which provides the perfect place to relax, have a cup of coffee in the morning, or escape from the sun in the afternoon. Sheila, the owner and manager, is as laid back as the rest of the Pass-A-Grille experience. She quietly goes about her day running the inn, happy to answer questions, and providing her clients with flexible options and helpful ideas. The Inn has quickly become one of our favorite escapes and we look forward to many relaxing vacations there!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KCbeachbum77
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Inn on the Beach has an outstanding location just across the street from the beach at St Petersburg Beach at 15th Street. There are no houses on the beach side. The Inn provides beach chairs and towels. Numerous good eating places are within easy walking distance, such as the Hurricane (casual beach dining) and the Wharf (an old Florida dinner restaurant). The Inn is nestled into an upscale residential area with many good sidewalks and many walkers. The rooms are individually designed, decorated and priced, varying in size, cooking facilities, and the presence and size of outdoor patios. Rooms at the Inn form 3 walls around a central courtyard, which in the evening often have guests sitting around talking, often drinking coffee or wine, reminiscent of some European locations. There is free wi-fi.

What makes the Inn outstanding (beyond its location) is that it is ultra-clean, and every guest has ready access to the management, Sheila and Linda, who are knowledgeable, reasonable, and very helpful in providing information or meeting any unusual requests. There is coffee every morning and more extensive breakfasts on weekends. The Inn likes babies and children.

Limitations as compared to a big hotel include the lack of an on-premises restaurant or room service, no swimming pool, and in general the vulnerability of all beach locations to bad weather. As we stopped at a grocery store on the way to the Inn, we had plenty of food in our room, and fortunately weather was good during our stay. Parking at the Inn is limited but there is free overflow parking close by.

We recommend Inn enthusiastically to anyone wishing a place at St Petersburg Beach.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Accurate
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at the Inn over my birthday weekend. The Inn is just steps from the Gulf of Mexico's waterfront. The room was clean, well-decorated, and provided a beautiful view overlooking the Gulf from the room's wrap-around deck. The staff was personable, polite, and informative. The Inn has a BBQ grill complete with all the necessarily utensils and provides beach chairs and floats for guests. Good restaurants and seafood markets are also located within a few blocks of the Inn. We slept with the french doors open and listened to the sound of the waves crash onto the shore at night. I would highly recommend this lovely gem on Pass-a-grille beach (the best beach in St. Petersburg)!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helenskala
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I've stayed at Inn on the Beach on several occassions and have truly enjoyed each and every time. I've been lucky to have stayed in a number of the rooms and each is nicely decorated and the best part, there clean as a whistle. The Inn Keeper - Sheila is the absolute BEST! She is there for your needs and comfort! If your looking for a place that offers beautiful and relaxing beaches and nice rooms, I highly recommend Inn On the Beach....................

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family