“Was the greatest place on St. Pete beach...”
Review of The Undertow

The Undertow
Ranked #6 of 17 Nightlife in St. Pete Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Was the greatest place on St. Pete beach...”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went there for a long time. Most recent trip I had a waitress whose main worry in life was that that she was leaving work in 20 minutes and that I had to stay near her in order to have a tab. She then proceeded to charge me $6 for a bud light. But this is only the latest example. Used to have the greatest wings... that's gone. Used to have great staff.... Used to have great places to sit... that's gone. Makes you sad to see someone screw up one of the best places on St. Pete Beach.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank LawyerInDC

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Perfect location .. Unique bar ”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Great place , friendly bartenders, unique river flowing bar top, a must visit location on St. Pete beach. We visit often and love the place.

1 Thank CiaoBella0215
Lowell, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best beach bar location ever”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you are looking for bartenders that rush to serve you and really good food don't come here. But the location and set up of this bar make up for it. The outdoor area is perfect with an upstairs balcony to soak up the sun. The bar leads right out to the ocean so you can hang out and go straight into the water. 3 beach volleyball courts as well, but if you want to play family reunion ball you may be asked to leave as it's mostly skilled players going at it. Either way, there is no bar that compares in ST Pete Beach. Parking is pretty bad on the weekends, but worth the pain and suffering.

Visited April 2013
Springfield, IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Awful!!!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited this bar with two other couples on our annual trip to St. Pete beach. Bartender would not even wait on us cause we weren't single guys looking at her 12 year old little boy figure! She basically told us the bar behind us served beer! We will never return!

1 Thank mkk79
Cobham, United Kingdom
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this place when getting some new glasses at Visionworks in Tyronne, when the sales lady there recommended it to me as somewhere different to go on St Pete's Beach (I never knew it existed).
It's a chilled out place right by St Pete's Beach and went with friends one weekday lunchtime.
We ordered a bucket of Buds and sat beachside.
They didn't serve food but you can order food from the place next door which I did on my Cell.
The food is standard beachside fayre but very tasty.
Less tax, for 4 people, it came to about $50.
I can't say we were blown away by the service but in fairness our needs were minimal.
I would imagine in peak season it gets pretty crowded.
It does have parking (limited) which is useful.
Definitely recommend as a "cool" place to go.

Visited November 2013