“Very Large Portions”
Review of Dockside Dave's - CLOSED

Dockside Dave's
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Citrus Springs, Florida, United States
“Very Large Portions”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very large portions, bring your appetite and a doggy bag (actually they furnish the last). I had the grouper dinner with vegetable medley and salad, just great. Service is great, it takes a short time for the food because everything is done fresh.

“Not as advertised.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived thirty minutes before closing. The restaurant advertises on its website and on its menu as having the best black grouper on the beach. I had the dinner and my wife the sandwich and they both were huge disappointments. My grouper was very tough and appeared greasy looking. I asked for a salad without tomatoes or cucumbers and had to pick through the salad to get both of them out. My wife's sandwich was average at best and to add to our misery, someone had cross threaded the top of the tartar sauce bottle, so when it jammed up and nothing would come out, I squeezed the bottle and tartar sauce went everywhere. Even worse, there was not a server to be found to offer us something to help clean up the mess. As a matter of fact, we had one person take our order (no one came by to ask how our food was or to see if we needed anything after the meal was served), a different person that served our meal, a different server to ask if we wanted dessert, and a different person to give us our check. This place was the worst of the 10 restaurants we visited. The food was a disappointment, the service was terrible, and the portions of the entrees and the desserts were lacking, to say the least. Don't waste your time or money on the best grouper on the beach. They obviously had a bad day or have no idea of how to prepare grouper....sadly.

Tampa, Florida
“Grouper to die for”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time July, 2013 and it was recommended by a German gentleman that rents a room beside us every year at Sabal Palm. It is a small little place where locals got to eat on a regular basis, that's how you know it's good. The prices are reasonable as well.

Visited July 2013
Grimes
“Casual dining with great seafood options”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a very casual place for seafood and other local food. We had the grouper which was excellent, along with gator bites and shrimp. Staff is,friendly and helpful in choosing food, offering tips on what to order, never disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Overlooked for years!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a recommendation from friends. We have been visiting St. Pete beach for over 20 years and have never tried Dockside Dave's until this trip. Boy have I been missing out, Everything about our visit was outstanding. The food, service, prices and atmosphere were great! Our server was very friendly and really seemed to like her job. She answered any questions we had about the menu and even made suggestions. I ordered the black grouper sandwich and waffle fries. There are several ways they will prepare this item, I decided on "country fried". My wife ordered a cheeseburger and waffle fries. My fish sandwich was delicious. It was very crispy and flavorful. My wife always orders her burgers well done. A lot of places seem to have a hard time preparing it this way, as they usually come out medium our medium well. This burger was an exception. It was thoroughly cooked and had a nice char-grilled taste. My wife almost felt guilty putting ketchup on it! I would highly recommend Dockside Dave's. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding! My only regret is I wish I would have known about it years ago!!

1 Thank cst247