“Overpriced”

Black Palm Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Were it not for the male bartender providing outstanding service, I would have taken my family elsewhere. Owner is rude and needs to take attitude down several notches. Had a reservation for early evening. Went to the block party and was drained by the heat. Noted the difficult parking situation in Pass-a-Grille, so rather than returning later and risking not finding parking decided to call and see if we could get an earlier reservation. Female who answered the phone stated was "no problem". Well when we arrived the male host made it seem as though it was a huge problem, and after a quick argument with the lady we spoke with on the phone we were hastily seated at a bar table (with one menu for our group). The male bartender was very attentive and was the saving grace. Needless to say, we felt more like a nuisance than welcomed by the host. Food is average. Overpriced for what it is. Whitewashed "Latin" food. Best part of the meal was my side order of maduros and the bartender who waited on us. If you value good food and a polite host I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We came here for the Tapas which were wonderful. The atmosphere in the dining room is great and there is a very nice outdoor terrace in addition. Two of us had seven dishes and drinks and the bill was about $60! The quality reminded me of Barcelona.

Service was friendly and professional. It is a big surprise in this laid back beach town. The quality was more like I would expect to find in Palm Beach. Incidentally there is a full menu (including a kid's menu) if you want more than tapas.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Honestly what is wrong with TA folks! I just ate here & thought it was wonderful. Service was great. I was alone & treated well. Their cocktail mojito was incredible and made without a mix. The calamari plate was huge. Ok, maybe a little saltybut huge and still wonderful. The shrimp skewer & raiz salad were great. The guava cheesecake was excellent as well. The setting was lovely.And I could just walk back to my room & see the fantastic sunset.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were a group of three gals reuniting for a relaxing trip away from kids. We stayed around the corner, so this location was perfect for us to go enjoy dinner and drinks and not worry about who would drive home. Even better, they had an outdoor courtyard for us to eat in. Better yet, the food was delicious. The ceviche, which I was the most excited about, was probably the clunker of the dinner; it was fine but tasted to me more like a chunky mango and shrimp salsa than true ceviche. Still tasty, just not what I was craving. We also tried the beef rollito (small, but yummy), the arepa royal (DELICIOUS), the Camaron de Playa (very good), and the quesadilla del mar (good). The cocktails were good, the live music was great, and the overall experience was awesome. Much more "big city" than I would have expected in this sweet little town.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great Tapas and nice selection of wines. Each tapa had its own unique flavor.
Nice for sharing with a group of friends. Outdoor dining in the evening with entertainment added to the enjoyment. Reservations recommended - especially for outdoor dining.

1  Thank traveler1468