“Harry A'ss”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dallas
“Harry A'ss”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Well I think we all know what to say to this, Harry A's more like Hairy A'ss! And I did not mean to double the S's. This was the worst food we've had on the island. I'd rather go to MacDonalds!

1 Thank CriticOfVacations

Dallas
“Harry A'ss!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Harry A's!? More like Hairy A'ss! Worst food I've had on the Island including Apalachicola! I'd rather go to MacDonalds.... Service, and the looks of it, great! But the food and prices on the other hand, horrible. Try Up The Creek in Apalachicola, best oysters ever! Also get the clams there!

1 Thank CriticOfVacations
Dallas, Texas
“Huge Waste of Money!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The only thing good about our experience was the sweet server, who kept having to apologize. We paid $70 for lunch -- 2 kids and 2 adults -- and we brought our own fish that we'd caught. The raw oysters were $4 more than anyone else, and the menu said "market value." What a rip off! The cheese grits were no good, and the French fries and green beans were frozen, not fresh. The island is lovely, but eat across the bridge in Appalachicola -- everything there is great, and you won't feel cheated.

1 Thank Jill R
Crofton, Ky
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate an early dinner here on 7/25/14. The food was excellent. My daughter got Chicken Alfredo. It was the best sauce I've tasted. My husband got the bourben pork chops and I got the grilled chicken sandwich. It was all delicious. The atmosphere was ok, but a lot of drinking going on. It was still daylight hours so I'm sure after dark it gets a little crazier. So, food was 5 atmosphere was a 3.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our group of six adults and three children stopped in for a late lunch after spending most of the day on the beach. Things were fairly subdued during our visit, but I can imagine that changes significantly at night. Our server, Spencer, was very friendly and attentive.

We ordered a couple of mixed drinks (the Weekender and Beach Cooler) that were both mixed perfectly - cool and refreshing. For an appetizer, we ordered the Fried Pickle Chips. They were delicious. As for the entrees, our group equally enjoyed the Shaved Prime Rib and Chicken BLT sandwiches. They were both tasty, flavorful and absolutely delicious. The Grouper Sandwich was also quite good.

After reading through other reviews, experiences at Harry A's certainly vary. However, we had great service and a surprisingly good meal at a fair price.