“Good,good,good.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a very nice little restaurant on the island. It does not have the flash of the other restaurants on the island but it does have a good family feel. The food is very good. The service was a little slow but very friendly. Overall good dining experience.

2  Thank JHinton0469

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We liked this restaurant so much the first time that we went back for a second time. The first visit rated as one of my all time best meals...the second visit not so much. There are definitely some kinks to work out. One of my favorite things on the first visit was the rolls...they were little pillows of carbohydrate heaven with honey butter. I looked forward to having them again but they were OUT on our second visit! Alas, the basket of crackers they gave us just did not compare. We are Key Lime pie aficionados and on the first visit we rated theirs the second best in the universe, so we ordered again on the second visit but were disappointed when it came to the table with no whipped cream--again we were told they ran out. There were a number of other things that they were out of that evening which was frustrating for both us and our server. Give them a few more weeks to work out the details and I would say this will be the best restaurant on the Island.

1  Thank tlcottrell
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We ate here twice over the Memorial Day weekend we stayed on the island. Food was fantastic. Enjoyed the Grouper & Crab Cakes. My wife had one problem with a side order at one of the meals that was handled in good fashion by the friendly staff. One practice that we wondered about was several staff brought poured refill drinks from one glass to the original glass. Seemed odd and not a good service thing. Would recommend either serving refills from a pitcher or simply replacing the glasses. My wife who has been a food service manager as well as having many years experience working banquets for Marriott pointed it out. Otherwise, everything was good, not quite great but a solid good.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I ate here for lunch while vacationing on St. George Island. The service was a little slow, considering there were only 3 groups (including us) dining while we were there but the food was great! We both had the fried shrimp, which was delicious and cooked perfectly. My husband had the seafood gumbo and he said it was very good! We both had soft drinks and our bill was still under $35, which is great considering most places we would eat averaged $20 per person. The restaurant overlooks the bay and has a really cool outdoor patio area with a stage for entertainment. We went during the day when it was pretty quiet but I suspect it's a very fun place to dine at night or on the weekend.

1  Thank Buffie H
mike c, Owner at Black Marlin's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Black Marlin and hope to see you again in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great food and great service!! You definitely have to try this place!! The waiters and waitresses are super nice amd work very hard!

1  Thank Meleah717

Thank you so much for your praise! We are continuing to work with our staff on a daily basis to make this one of the best dining experiences on the island. We appreciate your feedback, thank you!