“Hidden Gem. Right on the water.”
Review of Buccaneer Inn

Buccaneer Inn
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Beachfront room with jacuzzi tub. yes please. next time I'd bring more food, we arrived late and it was off season, so not too many options for food, the room had a refrigerator, perfect for keeping food in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Browneyedgirl23

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Unless you rent a condo for the week (and there are some reasonable) then this is the place on the beach. There is another hotel which looks to be newer but the view trumps that for me. The road from the causeway leads right to it. It's rock throwing distance from the lighthouse. If you are passing through for a day or two then this is it for on the beach. You may want to explore the east end park beaches but this is a great beach.

We stayed on the second floor of the main hotel facing the beach where the rooms are large and with big windows framing the view. There the balcony is not private but in the off season may as well be. The rooms are a bit worn but the bed large and wifi works. At $85 a night in the off season I would say it is still over priced but the beach and proximity to sights and restaurants make up for it. The Blue Parrot is right next door and serves a good steak. The Beach Pit makes a good omelette folded easy and greasy without all the dry fluff and is about a block away. I will stay again sometime.

Be sure to notice the oyster boats off the causeway on your way back and stop in at the nature center just the other side of the bridge. This is a beautiful Island.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Toccopola
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ok, so it's at the beach. Great view of the ocean. Old beach hotel, clean, rough towels, cheap soap. It's not the Ritz but the Ritz is not on St. George Island. The room was large and spacious. The pool was clean. The decks, porches, and access to the beach was great. The door did not shut well so I used a chair to feel safe. but it's on the beach!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Airitout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location and great price, but...

Rooms and property very dated and in need of upkeep.
No internet service
Beds not very comfortable
Nothing to write home about

Its too bad, because it is in a great location on a fantastic island. I would spend a little more and get something a lot more comfortable. Great place for college kids on spring break.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, pay extra for the beachfront rooms they might be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 222joco
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We love it. It is on one of the best beaches in America, it is affordable, it is clean, the folks there are very friendly and accommodating. And, as a special bonus, you can get a courtesy late checkout and, even keep your car there in the lot after checkout if you want more beach time. We highly recommend it and have stayed there often and will again!

Room Tip: Southside, facing pool, 2nd floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been a regular at the motel for 12+ years now, my family & I (or sometimes just me) stay here multiple times a year. It amazes me at the bad reviews this place gets. Like I said we stay here ALOT & we have stayed in every room the inn offers.
I will agree that this place needs a major reno but the rooms are ALWAYS clean (we tend to stay upstairs as we feel down gets more "traffic") One thing that I love is that it's the same people working here year after year! I've come know several of the employees and consider them "bucc family" My wife & I enjoy sitting on the back deck and listening to what customers have to say about the place, we have never encountered anyone with a negative attitude, however I do recall one couple we became friendly with during a weeks stay (our kids were constant playmates) we checked out at the same time & all they could do was complain! I being unable to hold my tongue I questioned everything she was saying & what it boiled down to was the pool was open late one day! (10:30) and for that reason alone her whole weeks vacation was ruined.... The way I see it, you CAN NOT please everyone & they always want a reason to gripe and complain! I will continue to visit the motel every year, more than once a year and if the rest of you choose not to, hey that's more room for me and my family of 5! This is a wonderful place and does not deserve the negativity it's receiving lately.

p.s My family was sad to learn that April will be leaving soon, she really is "awesome" as others have stated and to me is like the glue that helps hold that place together

Room Tip: Like I said we always try to stay upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DB3175
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Buccaneer Inn on Saint George Island 8/10/2013, after running in the Saint George Sizzler. I was a little concerned as I knew it was an older hotel.

From the time that I made my reservation to the moment that I checked out, I found the service helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. Our room had a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge. Everything was clean and fresh!

I will go again!

Room Tip: We stayed pool side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola
Apalachicola River Inn
Apalachicola River Inn
#2 of 3 in Apalachicola

Been to Buccaneer Inn? Share your experiences!