“Very Disappointed”

Journeys of St. George Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Journeys of St. George Island has been the go to Rental and Guide Company on Saint George for over 29 years! We specialize in guided boat tours, fishing charters, and rentals. We have kayaks , paddle boards , and a brand new fleet of top of the line 4 and 6 seater golf carts available to rent year round! Please call us or book online for your next vacation on saint George Island. We look forward to helping you plan a wonderful visit to our little slice of paradise!!!
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am very disappointed in Journeys. I booked a sunset paddleboard tour a week in advance for my husband and I on our last night on SGI. The lady I spoke indicated it would be no problem and took my phone number and said we were all set. I called a couple days in advance to verify we were booked and this is the first time that she indicated that they had to have a certain number of people booked to have the tour. But she assured me they would get enough people. She called the next day to find out when we were leaving to try to reschedule with another group, but it was a day when we were already going to be headed home. She said she would continue to try to get a tour set up for us. She didn't call back until about 2 hours before sunset on the day we were to have the tour, that she wasn't able to get enough people and cancelled our trip. I don't understand why 2 people was not enough for a tour, any other paddleboard tour I have seen the minimum is 2 people. However, it was not indicated to us (until the last minute) that there was a minimum number of people required, either by the lady I spoke with or on their website. I still don't know how many people they require for a trip. She tried to book us for a lesson the next day, where we could keep the boards for the rest of the day. However, I had already told her that was the day we were leaving and we didn't want to pay for a lesson, because we already know how to paddleboard. If we had known farther in advance they needed a certain number of people, we could have made other arrangements to at least rent boards on an earlier day. Needless to say next time we go to SGI, we WILL NOT be using this company. We were extremely disappointed. Who wants to book a tour on their vacation and then not know for sure if it's even going to take place until the 11th hour?! They lost our money and our business.

3  Thank Louisa B
"eco tour"
in 5 reviews
"depth finder"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this business"
"oysters"
"caught fish"
in 5 reviews
"big fish"

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went on a 2 hour sunset dolphin tour. I had 5 kids with me. 2-14, 9, 8,and 4. Captain Justin was great! Had an awesome time, seen lots of dolphins, shelling on Little St George Island, absolutely beautiful. Would recommend everyone coming to SGI experience it!

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Both my kids have done several trips with Journeys and have always come back so excited and full of stories. We have also done a kayak trip and although we were to lazy to do a long trip we enjoyed every minute!
Thank you so much to Dale, Justin and everyone at Journeys for everything you do!
Marisa

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We took two of our kiddos ( both girls, ages 5 and 6) on the Bounty of the Bay tour with Captain Doug. It was wonderful. We started out pulling crab traps and rebaiting them. The girls loved it. Then we harvested many many oyesters and Captain Doug taught us how to cull them and keep the better ones. The girls really enjoyed the interactiveness. We went fishing and caught 4 fish, then went to a beautiful island shelling. We saw many dolphins on the way back in , some so close to our boat we could touch them. It was a fantastic trip, many many wonderful memories. Captain Doug was great and engaged the girls very well. A must do trip.

4  Thank rachellynn99