4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beach Pit

The Beach Pit
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. We have fresh seafood, oysters, steaks, as well as Texas style BBQ. We also have a full bar serving beer, wine and liquor! We offer a relaxed atmosphere indoors as well as a screened in outdoor patio area. As always, our main goal is to give the best service possible and the best home made food available in the area at the most competitive prices!We have also opened our 2nd location in Eastpoint where Captain Snooks used to be.....Beach Pit On The Bay! We are the only restaurant in Eastpoint with a full bar and waterfront dining! At Beach Pit On The Bay we have Happy Hour from 3-6 Monday-Friday offering specials on oysters and bar drinks.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Visited Saint George Island during week of July 21st 2014. We had breakfast at The Beach Pit during two of those days. The food was inexpensive (compared to other island restaurants) and very good. Jessica was a great server.

2 Thank Eggbert10

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Went there for breakfast this morning. It was a quick walk from the St. George Inn. Menu was good. Prices reasonable. Food good. I had an omlet and sausage and gravy. The omelt was properly cooked but I do better at home on gravy and bisquets. It is the only place other than Subway that serves breakfast on the island. While there they seemed to do a good bit of takeout. Again not bad but not great. Oh the coffee was good.

Visited July 2014
Batavia, Illinois
“Good Food, lots of options, great service. Basic restaurant.”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Went there for the first time and was happy with our experience. Kids menu was typical of most places. It's a theme less basic restaurant. You go there to eat good food and grab a drink. I ordered the large rib plate, which came with six ribs. I would have liked a little more for the $15 price, but it was great food. My wife ordered a fruity drink at $11. Again it seemed a little high for me. My family if five ate dinner, with an appetizer, and 1 drink. Bill with tax and tip was right at $100. A illite more than I usually spend, and expect a little more for that price. Nutshell...really good food and service is really good, atmosphere is a basic restaurant, value is dependent on what you order.

Cumming, Georgia
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is my first time at St. George Island and I must say if it weren't for this place I probably wouldn't come back. The food is fresh and very pleasing to the stomach. To please six people is tough to do and this restaurant pulled it off. There is something for everybody, including the picky eaters. I say that because I am a very picky person and I loved every meal I had. The first time I got grilled shrimp and it was probably the best shrimp I have ever had. The second time I had BBQ plate and it was amazing. Like nothing I have ever had before. And the third time I had the pork again because it was that good. I really loved the atmosphere of this place. Oh and if your looking for a great delicious breakfast come here! There bagels are huge and so filling! I would definitely come back!

• Visited July 2014
“Best barbecue I have ever had”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The beach pit offers a variety of food that will tickle your fancy. I ate there for breakfast twice and lunch 3 times. The waitresses are super friendly and the management is even better. The prices of the food are very reasonable and it will fill you up. If you want to have the best barbecue you will ever taste, visit the beach pit.