“Good food, and staff helpful to clueless Northerners like us”
Review of The Catfish Place

The Catfish Place
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lyme, NH
“Good food, and staff helpful to clueless Northerners like us”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After our airboat tour, we asked our guide where the locals eat, and he said The Catfish Place without hesitation.

A lot of things on the menu were new to us, and the waitress was very patient and helpful about explaining what’s what. We ordered lots of things, but weren’t that adventurous (catfish for my wife, but no gator for either of us). Everything was great, and big portions.

I’m a vegetarian, so the options were limited, but still good stuff. My first time having fried green tomatoes!

• Visited November 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good meal and friendly staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of the people who run Kissimmee Swamp Tours (see my review there). We'd not eaten catfish, gator or turtle before so asked our server what would be best to experience these, she recommended the platter which came with a bit of everything. It was indeed very good, and the ranch dressing was one of the best I've had. Would have been nice to have something not deep-fried, but that's what the menu has and it was still very tasty.

• Visited November 2013
Homer, Georgia
“Best seafood place in Kissimmee/St. Cloud”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The first time my wife and I went, we had seen the Catfish Place a few times driving by and didn't know anything about it. I did some research and it sounded really good. Since then we've been there twice and both times were awesome!!! You have to be hungry when you come because the portions are huge. Both times we have split the House Special. That's a platter of catfish, shrimp, clam strips, oysters, scallops, gator, turtle, and frog legs. For two people it's more than enough. The service, even when crowded, which seems to be all the time, is great. There's a reason why on the door and on the menu it says, "Where the locals eat." I'm making myself hungry typing this at 1 am...I wish we could go tomorrow but we can't.

Now, it is on the expensive side so you can't drop in if you're on a budget. But what you pay is worth every cent. The restaurant is a partner in my airline's frequent flier program so I can get miles for stuffing my face with the best seafood I've put in my mouth since we've moved to Orlando.

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Comfort Food 101”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always a delicious visit. Fried lobster and hush puppies out of this world! You better be hungry when you come here.

Visited September 2013
Rockledge, Florida
“outstanding catfish”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

For lunch I chose the Lake Okeechobee whole fingerling catfish, with mashed potatoes and gravy and special-of-the-day cabbage. Everything was excellent. The 3 catfish were tender, moist, and sweet with a very crunchy coating The cabbage was cooked with pork, rich and delicious. Nice white gravy topped the creamy mashed potatoes. I'll be back whenever I pass through St. Cloud.

• Visited October 2013