“Real Florida Environment”
Review of The Catfish Place

The Catfish Place
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a true, down to earth, local establishment serving excellent foods and expresses the true feeling of Central Florida. You know upon entering that the spot is a locals favorite, everyone knows everyone and if they don't know you they are very quick and friendly to say hi. The seafood was true delicacy, the true flavors of Beef were also exceptional. Great for relaxing with friends and enjoying the good life of what Florida is really like away from the hectic visitor areas. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I would have expected much better catfish judging by the the name and the stellar reviews it's received on multiple sites. Unfortunately, I must say that my husband and I were both pretty disappointed with the quality of the fish we received. First of all, let me just say that we each received enormous portions of catfish, definitely a plus! However, the fish was only slightly warm and had a rubbery type texture. It also had lots of "dark meat" or black spots in every piece. Where I come from fried catfish is a specialty that we eat often, and I have never been served fish with that much "black gunk" it in. Other than the poor quality fish, both our meals were exceptional! Hush puppies, fries, coleslaw, and salads were all very tasty and seemed fresh. Also quite a deal costing only $14.99 for both meals. The decor was cute and the staff was friendly.

1  Thank Wanderlust_Lovers
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is not the best because there is so much going on around you. But, the food makes up for it. The catfish is the best I have had in Florida. Really fresh and tasty. Large portions too.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to this restaurant after a fantastic airboat adventure into the Everglades. I had catfish and my friend had the fingerling cat fish - both were good, the coleslaw was good but the hush puppies too sweet for my liking. The service was excellent and the wait staff friendly. I did feel like my bone in catfish was a somewhat over done, but it was still fairly moist. Probably wont be back to this area but if I did I'd try the gator and frog legs. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Country style restaurant with huge variety of fry seafood. I recommend to notice a waitress to fry the food not much .Can be a line to wait for a table. Very famous between local people. There are raw catfish, alligator, frog legs, shrimps for sale. Best prices for raw alligator meat.