“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

One Hour Airboat Tour
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Saint Cloud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Looking for something other than the concrete jungle? Stop by Wild Willy's for a thrilling airboat tour and get in touch with Florida in it's natural habitat. Glide across the headwaters of the everglades in high performance 6 passenger airboats and our newly added 14 passenger boat with our licensed and fully insured Master Captains. Huge alligators, bald eagles, the endangered snail kite and more await your arriva! At the end of your educational tour, you'll have the opportunity to take pictures with our resident alligators Cricket, Sergio, Blue and Splash! We treat them and all of our customers like family. So come on out and...SURROUND YOURSELF WITH NATURE! Try HeadWaters Take-Out (located within Wild Willy's) after your excursion and grab a bite and relax in our outdoor pavilion! Burgers, Dogs and more. Try our Gator bites, made to order! Come on out and see why we have more airboat ride reviews than anyone in Orlando, Kissimmee, St.Cloud, Tampa, Miami and even worldwide.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Solihull, United Kingdom
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We 'phoned the first morning after we had flown into Orlando and were accommodated for 3.30 that afternoon. When we arrived, we were the only two for the trip but it still happened. We saw a huge male alligator and some 'darling' little ones. The we had the experience of the airboat riding. Now I am not a lover of water at all (much happier in the air!) but thoroughly enjoyed the fast ride and was not nervous one little bit. Everything we were told and saw was interesting - even a couple of bald eagles, we were so lucky Super experience and much better than going to a larger enterprise - and, believe me, I had researched a lot of them before we went to Florida, so glad I made this choice. The only downside - which is no fault of Wild Willy's - is be careful if you are travelling to St Cloud using a GPS and the Florida Turnpike - for some inexplicable reason, the junction you need to come off on for St Cloud is for SunPass users only - it makes you wonder if Florida really wants tourists?????? We had, however, been warned abou this in the morning when we spoke to Sharon and booked the trip - another example of good customer service.

Visited November 2012
WildWillyStaff, Owner at Wild Willy's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the review! We really wish that Turnpike exit wasn't just sunpass only. It would be so much easier on everyone! Maybe one day they'll come to their senses! We're glad you came out to play on the water with us.

• Polish first
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“great ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is our second time riding with wild willy's and I deliberatly booked them because of our past time. We had a BLAST!! Captian Dan was great, he knows sooo much about the area and animals. He even stopped the boat, asked for our cameras and waded out to take our pictures on the airboat. When we got back (after a full hour) we asked about booking for a longer time, by ourselves, the next time we come. We would love a 2 hour ride, and so will be doing so next time we come to Florida. Definitely the best airboat tour!

Visited November 2012
WildWillyStaff, Captain Dan at Wild Willy's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We LOVE repeat customers! I thank you for visiting us again. We would love to take you out for a longer ride next time too. VIP treatment :)
Teesside
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“One Hour Airboat Tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We called to make a reservation and were greeted by Sharon who was very helpful and friendly. Our one hour airboat tour was booked for 11:30 with Captain John. What a great experience. A quaint, friendly and excellent set up. Six to a boat and Captain John was very knowledgable, leading us through the lake finding alligators, eagles and answering questions. I cannot compare this airboat tour with others which operate in the area but my advice is you can't go wrong with Wild Willys,do it!

Visited November 2012
WildWillyStaff, Captain John at Wild Willy's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Cool review! I thank you for coming out and enjoying our quaint lil operation! We like staying a little smaller than others so we can concentrate on customer service and the overall experience. Thanks so much for recommending us!
Kissimmee, Florida, USA
“Wonderful visit to natural Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We chose Wild Willy's from a list of airboat attractions based on location because we were not completely familiar with the area. The boat captain, Capt. Bob, was great. He knew where to find the gators and eagles. He knew all about the area and the wild life that lived there. We will return to the area again next Thanksgiving (2013) and will probably go out again with Wild Willy's.

Visited November 2012
WildWillyStaff, Owner at Wild Willy's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for review! We sure do appreciate you coming out to see us and certainly look forward to your return! Feel free to bring back all your friends. Hehe
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“An excellent way to spend an hour. Fabulous.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Today we went to visit Wild Willys Air Boat Tours... And what a visit!

We decided to go there today despite the cloudy skies, and turned up around 2pm to be met by the friendly people at the cabin here at the site. We gave our details and made a booking to come back in about an hour or so. It's obviously off-season at present (even Disney was quiet the previous day, ahead of Thanksgiving) and we left with a map given to us by a lady at Wild Willy's, showing where we could grab a bite to eat to kill an hour or so.

When we returned it had turned a bit cooler still, but the lady at the cabin loaned us two clean sweaters to put on over our t-shirts and under our waterproof jackets. It turned out we never felt a drop of rain, but it was only 17 degrees celsius according to our hire car readout and she was right... we were definitely glad of the extra layer! The wind chill effect means you should think about this ahead of going if possible.

It was cloudy, 3pm or so when we set out (and mid November) so even in Florida it seems it can be cool.

The lack of sun did not spoil our enjoyment though. Mostly because of Bud. He was introduced as Captain Bud and I thought: Is this the man that so many people say such good things about on Trip Advisor? I had read the reviews of several of these types of trips. All I can say is this: Bud lives up to these reviews and so do the others in this place.

We set off, a little unsure what the ride would be like, but he set us at ease and did the "Safety talk" before taking us up close to an alligator in the reeds and helped us spot some VERY hard to see baby gators. I would NEVER have known what to look for, it was the first of many insights from Capt Bud.

The hour went very quickly. And I do not mean that to sound like I question if it was an hour. It was indeed an hour. The reason it went so seemingly quickly was because we were so entertained by the wildlife and Bud's descriptions, explanations and stories. He is an excellent host and certainly has the knowledge and experience to ensure guests aboard his air boats have a great time, whatever the conditions.

We could have seen more alligators perhaps, if the sun had been shining, but regardless, we were entertained and saw many things. Personally I was stunned by the variety of wildlife in the area we covered in this time, plant and animal.

The boat had a small sign suggesting that guests tip the driver if they enjoyed their trip. Well, we took our trip with two friendly Canadians and we agreed with them that a tip was appropriate. Bud accepted graciously as we proceeded back onto land where we actually had the opportunity to hold young alligators for a moment and appreciate these creatures more for what they are.

It was at this time that Bud explained that the jumpers we were loaned were offered by Wild Willy's wife and also took the time to explain about the alligator farms where they borrow gators from for a period when they are young, for a year or two, before they are returned when they are older.

I was a little nervous holding an alligator, even a young one... but I recommend it for anyone. In fact I just recommend this trip overall. It's great value, very down to earth, interesting, fun, educational and there is a moment of adrenaline too (when Capt Bud opened up the throttle for a bit, I did feel like I was back at Disney, just for a moment!!). I cannot speak highly enough of this place, with just 4 of us on the boat but space for a few more it is a small enough group to hear what is being said by the driver and because he knows when to slow and cut out the motor, it is not a great scare to the wildlife. Bud was very keen to ensure we could take photo's whenever possible.

Such a wide variety of wildlife too. We saw many different types of bird and other animals (which I shall not detail to avoid spoiling it for others) but most notably of course there were the alligators and some great views of eagle pairs, thanks to Capt Bud's binoculars (so all 4 passengers could get a look before we got too close and set them flying off)

Pay Wild Willy a visit if you can. It is unlikely you would regret it. I really can see why they have so many hundreds of positive review. They've got the right people in the right place doing the right things, and it shows.

If I ever come back here to Florida, I would visit again and hope to find Capt Bud in good health and the pilot of our air boat again.

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon WW and Capt Bud.

PS - I always think, anywhere that keeps a clean public loo (or 'restroom') is probably a good place. Wild Willy's is no exception. Friendly, professional, fun, etc etc.

1 Thank hancouk
WildWillyStaff, Captain Bud at Wild Willy's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I now think you hold the record for the longest review! (and quite possibly the best one) WOW! I'm utterly speechless and blown away by this review. I may have even got a lil misty-eyed. We are all passionate about our jobs and most of us don't even consider them jobs! ha. When you love somthing so much it becomes more than that. I thank you, and the whole staff thanks you for these incredibly lovely words you took the time to write. Don't hesitate to come see us again if you're ever nearby! And yes, we always make it a point to keep the bathroom spotless! Otherwise, ewww! Take care and safe travels :)