All reviews front desk hilton brand augustine beach sunset grill right next door st augustine the rooms were nice clean hotel coffee maker short drive hot tub florida ocean inns trolley
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband & I enjoyed 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. The General Manager, Trisha Dombrowski was spot on with our room accomodations & a pleasure to do business with. Upon arrival we were greated by Hector, he had welcoming smile & was quick & informative when we checked in.
This hotel is in a great location, miles of magnificent beach across the street. Right next door, Sunset Grill. We sat outside on the upper level to enjoy our fabulous food & terrific drinks. The evening was very enjoyable & relaxing after a day of tours & shopping downtown.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank anny l
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Excellent location across the street from the beach and our family enjoyed staying here while in St Augustine Beach. Hotel staff was friendly, helpful and accomodating. Rooms were clean and well appointed. It was nice having a laundary facility to use to wash and dry our swimsuits and beach towels. My girls loved the fresh baked cookies and lemonade in the lobby each afternoon after the swim in the pool. Would absolutely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are a Hilton Diamond VIP member & want to spend over one hour checking in because the clown on the front desk can't find your reservation, & then have some stranger walk into your room with a duplicate key whilst you're in the shower - stay here! This rude and arrogant dimwit on the front desk said there were no rooms available, and that the hotel was full, and refused to give me my room despite being a Diamond VIP member where the hotel is OBLIGATED to find you a room - in any event. After a series of phonecalls which took over one hour, he begrudgingly but miraculously found a room once the reservation had been discovered.

Therefore I really don't at all get the pro reviews here. This place is a joke - period. The worst Hilton EVER in my experience and I've stayed in scores of them around the globe. I've never been treated with such disdain and lack of privacy. To have a stranger walk into your room is totally unforgivable - and a breach of security. Another colleague, who was staying there also was given a key to another room which was already occupied!

The pool was grubby, dark green mold, rooms tatty etc...I could go on, but it's likely to get boring. In a nutshell - do yourself a big favor and find another hotel!

Room tip: Don't bother staying here.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank asiageof
Trisha D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. Since your reservation was made as part of a group contract the hotel has been in contact with the group travel agent to discuss your stay. Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel to discuss this matter further. The hotel phone number is 904-471-5559.

Trisha Dombrowski

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for four days in July 2012. My wife, me and my daughter's family. 3 children. It was expensive, I booked through Hotels.com but didn't get a deal. $165.00 per night per room, and we had two rooms. This is really more a business Hotel than a vacation Hotel. The Hotel is clean and appears to be very well run. The outside pool is nice and well maintained. The beds were nice and the A/C works great, really important as hot as it was. The Hotel is not on the beach you have to cross a major highway (A1A Beach Blvd) then walk down another dead-end street about 1/4 mile to reach the beach. They also do not have a complimentary breakfast which seems unusual since most all hotels now have a free breakfast. Their breakfast is $9.00. We didn't eat it. One real plus is there is a great restaurant just next door The Sunset Grille, but the Sunset doesn't serve breakfast. Overall a nice place but not worth what I paid. Next time I will probably stay somewhere else that cost less and is on the beach.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mikebug4
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel meets your expectations of a Hilton--rooms are clean and comfortable, and staff is friendly. The part of the beach it is nearest is currently undergoing refurbishment, so I don't recommend going to it. Drive down to Crescent Beach if you want sugary sand and and a wider beach. The pool is small and crowded with children in the summer, so we didn't use it. It is a shame the pool doesn't stay open an hour or two longer in the evening (closes at 10), so adults could enjoy a dip after dinner. The drive to downtown St. Augustine is only 10 minutes, so the location is convenient enough for a lower price compared to downtown.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple