3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$199
ZenHotels.com$191
StayForLong$209
1,727 results
All reviews front desk augustine beach ocean view oceanfront room fourth floor sunset grill pool and hot tub st augustine waffles family vacation short drive nice pool balcony sand sunrise dunes florida
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach from May 19 - 26. We used our Hilton points which gave us a street view room, which was extremely quiet and we could not hear traffic noise at all. Since this was the week before the Memorial Day weekend, the hotel was full and we were unable to upgrade to an oceanfront room. But we didn't mind and the staff really tried hard to accomodate our request. The entire stay at the Hampton was a pleasure, from check in to check out. I don't know about any of the previous complaints - we did not see anything bad to report - and I am used to staying in very nice Hilton's and Marriott's. I guess some people just like to complain about anything.

The front desk staff was great - very helpful and knowledgeable about things to do in this area. Our king room was great - comfortable bed, very clean, nice bathroom, etc. The breakfast was great - awesome eggs, sausage, gravy, fruit, bagels, danish, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, cereal, etc. I can't believe people complained in other reviews about the food. Yes - I actually saw the man whining like a baby because they did not have eggs on that particular day. Get a life - it's free and it was great! The breakfast room staff were wonderful, cheerful and a pleasure to be around. They made sure all of the items were filled and cleaned up the tables.

The pool and hot tob areas were small but very nice. The beach was wide and clean. it was not crowded at all. There were no lifeguards present, but I think that was because it was pre-Memorial Day. We constantly saw employees around the Hampton cleaning and fixing up. Everyone including the housekeeping staff were so nice and polite.

The restaurants in this area were great! Go to F/A Cafe down the street - great fresh seafood at very reasonable prices. We also ate at the Sunset Grill - great coconut shrimp, and Barnacle Bill's - both directly across the street from the Hampton.

I can give this Hampton an A++ for our week. We will definitely come back again. And thanks to the person at the front desk in the evening - I forget her name - who gave us the "secret" way back to JAX airport. It was fantastic!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank mindyroo
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May. The employees were very nice. The room was very clean. The pool area and hot tub were great. The access to the beach was excellent.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Shirl4
Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed 7 nights at the AARP rate but the last two nights jumped in price by 50% because of the Memorial Day weekend. I can see the jump but that was a whopper. Still, that and the fact the free breakfast one day didn't have eggs were the two biggest two gripes about the place.... of a total of 4 "discomforts".

NOTE: overall they are minor discomforts and don't prevent us from highly recommending this hotel. We just thought you'd like to know all the details.

The king room was clean each day, the hotel was almost full but quiet (despite kids), the breakfasts were above average but not as good as some (I complained about the lack of eggs and, coincidence or not, there were eggs the rest of the week!).

We picked the hotel for the location, right on the beach. It was a short, sandy walk to the huge, white and amazingly underpopulated beach. The hotel has a guy who rents chairs and umbrellas for $25 (but we got $20 the first day and held him to it the rest of the week).

The view to the ocean was OK, the pool was right under our window and be hotel is on the street, somewhat setback from the beach. But the major problem (gripe #3) with the view was the incredible tacky and monsterous children's playground thing. Different colors and distracting. We never could figure out why it was put there. Still, it only impacted the aesthetics and we loved the short walk to the water.

The hotel had wi-fi which we used extensively and that brings me to the #4 complaint. Even tho the signal strength seemed strong, we kept getting knocked off the internet. We have Microsoft Vista on the computer and not sure if that was the problem. They do have a help phone line and the geek on the phone did his best but couldn't solve the problem. He promised a call back from his supervisor and..... wow!.... I actually got that call. Still no solution.

Overall the hotel was very nice. We probably would eat breakfast out a little more than we ended up doing but we would definitely return and highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank TallTVTraveller
Reviewed April 25, 2007

This hotel needs a new staff. While I was there the last weekend in March there was a wedding taking place when we checked in. I got there at 3pm to check in after driving from S.C. all day. Got there for the desk clerks to tell me "Your room isn't ready yet." So me and my family of 4 whom was in the car all day went to their continental breakfast area where they had complimentary tea, coffee etc. I went to the desk around 4 still not ready at 4:45pm I checked with them again room still not ready. So we went out to dinner I called at 6pm ready to go elsewhere and was told my room was ready and I could come and check in. Once I got there the rooms had comfortable beds but the furniture and decor very outdated. The bathroooms looked old and were just scary.
The property just looks old. The beach had a drop but me and the kids thought it was neat it gave us a place to sit while we were waiting. The lobby bathrooms only had one working bathroom, and I could not believe they did not get the other one fixed. Lots of people were there and I just feel what this hotel had to offer their guests just could not be upheld. Staff and all. Property needs help.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Christy8fan
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Spent 3 days here over spring break. When I booked a standard room for my family of 5, the csr tried to get us to upgrade to a suite by saying "it would be tight". We were on a budget so we stuck to a standard room and it was SMALL! We had to move the furniture to fit in the rollaway bed.

The breakfast was ample and the eggs were delicious. The hotel was very clean. Due to recent cold weather the pool was FREEZING! The beach did have a 5 ft drop to the water however the day we were there, the bulldozers were working to smooth things out.

My kids loved playing on the playground stuff and Rita's Ice Cream just two blocks down is not to be missed. Overall, a nice stay.

Date of stay: April 2007