3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$199
ZenHotels.com$191
StayForLong$209
1,727 results
All reviews front desk augustine beach ocean view oceanfront room fourth floor sunset grill pool and hot tub st augustine waffles family vacation short drive nice pool balcony sand sunrise dunes florida
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2006

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in early 2005. While I am partial to Hampton Inns in general, this one is particularly good.

One thing this hotel has going for it is that it is practically ON the beach. This is unusual for a hotel of this class, and surely a big plus. There is a small walkway to a private area of the beach, where there are lounges, and cabanas you can use. There wasn't even a charge for the mats.

The hotel itself is in very good condition with plenty of parking, and our room was clean and very nice. The staff was very helpful as well.

About the only thing I could improve on is the location. This hotel is somewhat South of the main St. Augustine area. Aside from a few raucuous bars there isn't much going on near the hotel. This is not so much of a problem, because of the easy drive to the historic area. However, there are few restaurants near the hotel, and most really aren't worthwhile. The free breakfast should be good enough to start you out, and St. Augustine proper has some great restaurants. You may want to catch a meal on the way back from the attractions, and save some driving.

In closing this is a fine hotel for the St. Augustine area. Make sure to bring a map, and eat elsewhere.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loueloui
Reviewed November 14, 2006

3 night stay at Hampton St Augustine beach was very pleasant. Had a king suite with jacuzzi , was very clean and comfortable. Ocean view from the patio, there is a short walk to the beach on a boardwalk. Pool and outdoor hot tub were not busy due to season, but appeared neat and clean. Room was furnished nicely, with 2 TVs (One for easier viewing while in jacuzzi).
Large cabinet housed refrigerator and microwave. Plenty of drawer space and a chiferobe-type armoir instead of the usual cut out closet. Housekeeping was thorough. Desk staff (my contacts primarily were Meghan and Deborah on evening shift) were courteous and helpful with regard to directions and dining suggestions.They began renovating the lobby, changing from a multi-tone Florida theme to a more sedate yet upscale traditional mahogany design; so there was some slight noise from that, but only in daytime. Breakfast lounge had a variety of items; breads, fruits, yogurts, cereals and coffees/teas.
I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank The-lady-is-a-pilot
Reviewed October 8, 2006

We stay at this chain all the time and this was a disaster. Rooms not ready and check in and dozens or angry travelers screaming. Front desk agents said management did not care, just ask for money ack and maybe they would get the point.

Stay away, for gods sake. Great chain, very bad egg.

I'm not a picky person!

Date of stay: September 2006
6  Thank mphoto
FOM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2006

It is always our goal to exceed our guest's expectations. For this guest, we failed and I apologize.
If a front desk agent said that management didn't or doesn't care, he/she was very much mistaken. We take our high guest service standard very seriously.
I am sorry that this guest's stay started off on such a terrible note. I do hope the rest of the stay was pleasant.
I would encourage this guest to contact me about the problem and I thank them for taking the time to comment. We see all comments, good or bad, as an guide to improvement.

Reviewed October 6, 2006

My wife and I spent a few days at this hotel in October & were quite pleased. The hotel is located within 4 or 5 miles of most attractions in St. Augustine. It is clean and the staff was friendly. This is one of the quietest beaches in FL. The rooms are nicely appointed. I had a jacuzzi room which had 2 27-inch tv's, microwave, mini-fridge and king bed. The only drawback here is that the hotel sits back away from the beach. Since this is avery wide beach all of the hotels have the same type location. If you like peace & quiet withou being too far away from everything, this is an excellent choice.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Suncatleo
Reviewed August 12, 2006

We stayed at this hotel the last week of June. We made our reservations well in advance, and it was a good thing - The hotel was completely booked. We loved it. Great location. Quiet. Beach Front. The kids loved the pool. Safe enough that we enjoyed a late late night walk on the beach every night. Our room was street side, but we had a cool balcony.
We would definitely go back and I would recommend this hotel to anybody. If I had to pick a negative I would say the breakfast area was too small. But, we always got a seat after a short wait. And, you can take it up to the room.

Date of stay: June 2006