“Be sure to ask for an upper floor”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach
Santa Rosa, California
“Be sure to ask for an upper floor”
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I stayed here last week for four days. I had asked for an ocean view room, all they had left with ocean view was a family suite so I opted to pay the extra to get the view. I was put in a ground floor room and could not see the ocean. It also was right across the hall from the laundry room were the staff congragated in the mornings making lots of noise. I complained right away about the view and they reduced the rate. The next morning after experiencing the noise I complained again and they took a night off the bill. The staff was great, very understanding, but the company needs to rerate the room.
Other than that problem all else was fine. I would stay here again but insist on an upper floor.

2 Thank Camel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Niles, Ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2006

I have had good results with the Hilton chain and chose to stay at this Hampton because it was on the beach. I should have listened to the reviews that I read on trip advisor. I stayed for two nights in July 2005 with my husband and 2 younger children. The room was ok, balcony was nice, staff was short, but somewhat friendly, and the breakfast ok for everyone except me since I am dieting. Other than that it was a mess. The hotel floor was covered in sand for most of the stay. The hotel pool was like bath water and was more like a bath for people coming out of the ocean. The beach access was a fairly long trek for someone with small children and several items to carry. I stepped out on my balcony with my children to see a little child of approx 11 years of age peeing next to his car. Apparently the beach access used for the hotel is a public beach access. I think most people in the pool were just beach goers. There wasn't anyone out cleaning the pool or surveying either to determine that only hotel residence were using it. Our room door would not completely close. Requested assistance and was told they will get to it. We had to slam the door to get it to latch. I was very disappointed and will most likely stay across the street the next time I visit at the Hilton instead. I can use the public beach access anyway!

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank JHanshaw
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I am writing to let you know my recent stay at the Hampton St. Augustine was a huge disappointment. We arrived at the hotel at approx. 11 pm Monday evening. The room was a smoking room, the only one available. I understood this and asked that an air cleaner be placed in our room prior to check in, which it was. Once in our room I noticed the entire side of the room near the air conditioning unit was sopping wet. I was traveling with two young children and wanted to get them in bed. I called the front desk to inform them and they said they would send maintenance in the morning. In the middle of the night we were awakened by a sound that we thought was a fire alarm but was actually the machine which cleans the air. After reading the directions on the machine it clearly states to vacate the room when in use. In the morning I noticed the bathroom was filthy with urine caked on the floor around the toilet. I went to the front desk to request a room change, I was told it would be looked into but it would be the "same type" of room. I went back to the room and after informing my traveling companion on the situation I noticed a metal beer bottle cap placed in the light fixture between the two beds. I immediately went over to the Hilton Garden Inn where the front desk manager or assistant manager readily helped me get a room and was very accommodating. I immediately went back to the Hampton and checked out. Hilton should be ashamed to have this Hampton as part of their family.

Stayed April 2006
9 Thank kkonow
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2005

We stayed at the St. Augustine Hampton for four days and found the service great. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly.They also have a great continetal breakfast.

• Stayed November 2005