Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
$149
$127
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
$120
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
$152
Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$79
$65
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$115
$139
The Beach Club at St Augustine(Saint Augustine Beach)
Super 8 St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,168 results
All reviewsfifth floorpet friendly roomoceanfront rooman older hotelbeach accessaugustine beachthe room was nicegreat poolst augustinetikiadampetslinensmicrowavesunrisehousekeeperflorida
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had made reservations for the Holiday Inn on St Augustine Beach at another Holiday Inn that my brother in law was staying in.
We thought that we were going to have the room(s) for $109. The check in is normally for 4pm. We got there at 9am and just wanted to ask the front desk if we there was a place we could access the beach.
The lady said "Oh let me see if I can get you checked in early, it is possible sometimes". So that was the start to the wonderful staff they have at this hotel. The lady then looked at the price we were going to be paying and said "You know this is really our slow season and this should be lower!" We had $30 take off the original price.

As stated by others, YES this hotel is dated. NOT every hotel in Florida is brand new or recently renovated.
The floors are clean but not a deep clean. We realized coming back from the beach and even after rinsing off, we tracked in sand. However, the room was clean.

The hotel staff were friendly, accommodating and made our experience wonderful.

They have a nice pool area which can be accessed with the room key, then you go to the wooden stairs from the pool area to access the beach. The only issue I saw with this was that anyone from the beach could access the pool area from the beach area without a key.

There were a couple of glitches. The smoke alarm started to go off in our room. However, after calling the front desk in less than 5 minutes we had someone come fix it. My brother in law's room had an AC unit with electrical wiring hanging out of the bottom of it. With two small children they were concerned about it and reported it to the front desk. That was the only time we did not get a call or a visit from maintenance when they said they would be there. That is a serious issue and should have been addressed immediately. It was not addressed during our stay.

The bathroom after one shower ended up getting water all over the bathroom floor. We asked for extra towels to keep the floors non slippery.

There were not enough accessible electrical outlets. We had to unplug the clock and one lamp so we could plug in some of our stuff.

In the hotel restaurant, one of the servers made a real snide remark because we use a back pack with a safety harness on the back for our 2 1/2 year old daughter to keep her from running off esp when we are in unfamiliar busy public places. She said "OH I see you have a leash for your daughter like a dog". I remarked, "It IS a safety harness and it keeps her from getting hit by car like a dog". We thought that such a comment and the tone of it was unnecessary and rude. We were not impressed with the restaurant. It was over priced with what you get. For a $9.95 Breakfast Buffet you get scrambled eggs, french toast (no powder sugar or butter around), biscuits, sausage gravy, bacon, sausage links, home fries, grits, little boxes of cereal, orange juice, milk at the buffet for the cereal alone, ONE little platter of grapes, pineapple, oranges and 2 strawberries that were cut in half. They did have a man there who made omelets. We were the only table when we first got there and it took 15 minutes for my sister in law to get her omelet and another 15 minutes for my brother in law to get his omelet. Some of the hot food was not quite cold but almost there. When two of our party ordered sweet tea they were given Raspberry Iced Tea and they asked is this Raspberry Tea because we ordered Sweet Tea. They said they only have regular tea and that they would have to put sugar in it. I don't know where they get that Sweet Tea and Raspberry Tea are the same thing. The Breakfast Buffet should be skipped and you WILL be charged a 17 percent gratuity as we found after we got the bill.

So the hotel is dated, don't expect to be exactly wowed by the decor. They do have some safety issues that need to be resolved.

The hotel staff go above and beyond esp at the front desk. The location is excellent and for the price (of the hotel) you can not beat that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in July. Had one of the reconditioned rooms facing the pool and the beach, 4th floor. The room was Ok, not great. I'd say the reconditioning was rushed and not really great craftsmanship. The room was clean, the bed was very nice, it looked like the room had a new coat of paint and carpet, it also looked like the ceiling was just new popcorn shot over the old popcorn, and i actually laughed at the caulking job in the bathroom. It looked like it must of been bring your 5 year old to work day and they got to spread the caulking everywhere. I will also agree that the walk to the pool and beach is awkward, but not a problem whatsoever. The other parts of the hotel were run down and sometimes smelly (exercise room) to the point I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you secured a refurbished room. The good parts are the location is great. Short drive to the old downtown area and several places to eat and shopping is very close. The beach is right there, fantastic and not crowded at all even in July. The front desk staff was wonderful, & super friendly, despite pulling some very long hours. We didn't use the pool but walked by it every trip to the beach and it looked nice and clean with a bar right beside it. I dinged it on sleep quality because of the noise from the pool area even after the pool was supposed to be closed at night. We like to keep the balcony doors open to hear the ocean and get the breeze but had to keep it shut because the pool hours weren't really enforced and kids were swimming and yelling till late on a couple of nights. Last thing is the restaurant in the hotel. We only had the breakfast buffet and it was decent. Very convenient and at 10 bucks an adult not real expensive. Oh one more thing. In the mornings plan to use the stairs because the maids completely take over the elevator holding it while moving their carts on and off. We joked that the guests need chairs and a big screen to relax in while waiting for the maids to release the elevator.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Upon arrival I was met by a foul odor in the lobby. And upon entering our room I was shocked! The room was horrible! The pictures on the website showed a totally different room! This room looked nothing like the pictures on any of the websites I looked at before booking our trip. The wallpaper was coming off the walls, the furniture looks like it came from the dump, mildew on the window treatments, the balcony looks like it is hanging on for dear life, and could the bathroom be any smaller? The smell is outrageous! When I contacted the manager it was "but you didn't book an upgraded room". I guess a hair dryer is an upgrade! I was also told I was paying for beach access and not the room. The management is not concerned with the guest experience. Do not stay here! You will be very disappointed!!!!! There are no towels for the pool. The whole place is very old!!!!! Stay at the Hampton or the homeless shelter. I am sure the homeless shelter is nicer than this place!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KittyT7
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Like others, after reading some of the other reviews I was concerned about the hotel and the condition it was in. But, we figured it's a Holiday Inn, and you pretty much can't go wrong with a national chain that has to answer to a corporate.
All in all, we were very happy with our stay. The room was very clean, beds super comfy, and housekeeping spot on with what we needed. Did we get a room with a view of the ocean? No, but that's my fault. When I called back after making my initial reservations, and expressed my wants of a view of the ocean, they were happy to upgrade our room to a partial view of the ocean at no extra cost. They were booked for full views. Our room turned out just fine.
Our package included a $20 voucher for breakfast each morning of our stay. Since we have kids (that eat for free) that meant our whole family got free breakfast each morning. We are big breakfast eaters, so that was a big money saver for us. The breakfast buffet was great. Food was hot and well varied. Sometimes ran out of an item, but you only have to mention to a server, and presto! It's taken care of. The breakfast buffet ends at 11:00 a.m. , so if you show up at 10:45, wouldn't you kind of expect to find things running out? Don't know if when other reviewers made it down to breakfast, but we found this to be true. Get there around 9, and food is piping hot and plentiful. Meander down around 10:45, and you'll have to ask for some items. Wasn't a problem for us.
Yes, we would stay here again. Yes, we would ask for a room with a full view of the ocean. Yes, the room was older and had a dehumidifier in it. It didn't make any noise, and the air conditioner made noise like it's supposed to. My sheets weren't sticky, the room didn't feel tropical. It was clean and comfortable. And most importantly, it was RIGHT on the BEACH.
Oh, I will say though: One bone of contention--you can't bring your cooler to the pool area. They have a bar type area, and obviously want you to buy their refreshments. We are on a budget, so that was a bummer. Having thirsty kids requires a cooler, and I'm not going to buy things from the hotel when I can fill my cooler with bottled water from the the local grocery store. They need to change that rule. But, the hotel WILL give you free ice for your cooler! That was pretty nice for going to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My Husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice on our wedding anniversary and have just been entirely please both times. The access to the beach is fabulous, the staff great, St. Augustine is a wonderful historic town that provides days of entertainment at reasonable prices. The best thing about this hotel is most certainly the view from the Ocean Front rooms..it is breathtaking! The sunrise over the ocean is beyond description. What has been said about the hotel being older is quite true...and it suited us very well. It is basically well-maintained and we, honestly, were very grateful to have a clean, friendly place to stay without resort prices. Couldn't recommend highly enough!! Love it here!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple