“Easy & casual”

Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
York, ME.
“Easy & casual”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband & I recently made a brief pre-tourist season vacation in St Augustine. Our the first time there & I wanted an easy place. We chose the Holiday Isle because it was an older hotel and not crammed in beside other newer beach motels. It was a good choice. Easy access to the beach and the pool area was comfortable. The oceanfront room could use some updating but was clean and quiet. The location for restaurants couldn't have been better and the drive into the city was also easy. The staff was helpful when you sought them out but didn't bother you otherwise. I look forward to returning there

Room Tip: I would choose an ocean front room unless view is not important. Leaving the patio door open to hear...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly practices were not immediately apparent; there were no signs posted about towels, recycling, etc.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Grant J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
I'm so glad to hear we were your first choice in St. Augustine Beach and that you really enjoyed your stay. We are constantly making improvements to the property and we look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is on the beach, but older and needs to be remodeled. It was clean and a place to lay our head, but we regretted not choosing a chain hotel. The breakfast that was a separate charge was absolutely delicious and the staff was friendly. In general, the hotel was over priced.

Room Tip: For $4.00 more you can get a room with a refrigerator. For $40 more you can get a room with an obst...
2 Thank Bos10babe
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast from our on site restaurant. We offer an all you can eat $10 breakfast buffet with omelet station, waffle station, and large selection of both hot and cold items. We do also have rooms with refrigerators and rooms without. The rooms with a refrigerator are typically $20 more and these are the same rooms with a partial ocean view, whereas the rooms that are $40 more are our oceanfront rooms. We hope to see you again very soon.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Augustine Beach hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It can use a little updating, but it was a good beach location, and not a far drive from the historic section. It was clean, and despite the activity in the hotel, it was easy to get a good rest. The parking was a little inconvenient, but not impossible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Isle, where our beachfront location and affordable price point can't be beaten. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come see us again soon.
Fort Stewart, Georgia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was invited to go on a girls' weekend by a friend, and this was the hotel that they booked already. We are all 3 military wives and we were all planning on paying around $100 a piece or a grand total of like $307 for the 2 nights we stayed, however when we got there a showed our id's we each paid like $70 a piece which was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. We got there a little later in the evening and they were able to point us in the right direction for places to eat that were still open and serving food.

While I do agree the hotel/motel is in SERIOUS need of an update and a good scrubbing down it was decent especially for the location. The pool was nice, though we didn't get to utilize it sine it was rainy and a bit cool. The beach was nice the sand was great in this location.

While the hotel advertised a "piano bar" type of atmosphere on Fridays and Saturdays I would use the term loosely. It was a guy that played on what appeared to be a keyboard with a few other electric type of instruments, Some of the music was pre-loaded and he just played along and sang a little. While me and the girls I was with are all in our late 20's early 30's we were decades younger than the crowd that was there. It was fun just not our cup of tea.

In the end for sleeping it was nice. Just needs some sprucing up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm glad to hear the staff was friendly and helpful and you enjoyed your time here. As you mentioned, we offer an amazing value for our unbeatable location. We are always making property improvements and I hope you will come back when the weather is a little warmer and you can utilize our pool and tiki bar.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel was average. The pictures on their site look a lot better than the rooms really are. The pool was very nice and the location was good,just a short walk to the beach. This hotel would be alright if you do not plan in staying in the rooms a lot. The rooms are shabby, a coat of paint to lighten them up would be nice and also new carpet. The lower floor had tile which looked much nicer than the carpet. We will not stay here again for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have been serving visitors to St. Augustine Beach for over 30 years. With direct beach access located only feet from your room, a beautiful pool with tiki bar, on site restaurant, and easy access to the historic district we are St. Augustine's best value on the beach.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The photos are deceiving. The rooms are in great need of renovation. The carpets was dirty, the bathroom had mold and mildew growing on the walls. The hotel was supposed to be a non-smoking facility with signs posted all over, however lots of people smoked on their balconies and the smoke got pumped into our room from the outdoor located air conditioning unit. This place was terrible!

• Stayed March 2014
I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. As you mentioned, we are a completely non-smoking facility with smoking not permitted in rooms nor on balconies for the reasons you stated. I encourage any guest to report smoking on balconies or in rooms right away so that management may remedy the problem. In regards to the bathroom, I'm very concerned as this is unusual and I would ask you to please contact me directly so that I may look into the problem further. My direct email is gjordan@holidayisleoceanfront.com
Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We just came in here today for a business retreat with our families and if it hadn't been for that reason, I would have checked out. The rooms are clean, staff is nice, but it really needs some TLC. I think they're doing their best to keep this place nice, but I think a renovation is overdue. Another thing that really bothered me was the pool. How can you be in northeast Florida and not have a heated pool? My girls love love swimming, no matter what, but the pool was just way too cold for them. They really tried their best to swim, but just couldn't take the cold. They're now sniffling. The floors of the hotel and rooms (the carpets) just need to be changed. So again, they're doing their best, it's just not for me. I'm used to renting homes and nice hotels. I was just here for a business retreat.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. As you mentioned, we are not a four diamond property, however, we do keep the property well maintained and provide high quality service. Add to that our priceless beachfront location on one of N. America's most pristine beaches and we are the best value on St. Augustine beach. We are always making property improvements and I hope that one day you will come see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Augustine Beach
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach...
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
St Augustine Island Inn
St Augustine Island Inn
#47 of 78 in St. Augustine
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#4 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach

Been to Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!