“Great hotel!”

Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stay there for a couple of days and the service was excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean towels everywhere, even in the pool!!! And that's really convenient!!!!!!!!!!! The girls at the front desk were really helpful!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
HolidayIsle32080, Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for the compliments. I will be sure to share them with the front desk. Please come back and see us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at your hotel before and loved it.I was their 10/16/12 for another two night
stay and had a great time. This time i had my two little dogs with me and they really enjoyed
running on the beach.The rooms that aloud dogs were well keep and i was happy with it.
The lady that check me in was so nice and helpful i think her name was mary ann.Ready
to go back.Ilive in st cloud fl so you will be seeing soon. Eva Kelly

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HolidayIsle32080, Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel for your visits to St. Augustine. We look forward to seeing you and your pets again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for our first visit to St Augustine. The price for 2 nights was under $200! I knew that it would not be fancy based on reviews. Our first room was small, and needed repair. We were right next to the elevator and so it was quite loud. In the morning I asked the front desk to move us, without hesitation they placed us in an updated larger beach view room. The rest of my stay was amazing. The location of the hotel is great and the pool area is also really nice. We will stay again in the future

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad you found our hotel to be a bargain and are excited to hear you will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Decided to do a last minute beach weekend with my honey to St. Augustine beach, I've never been there. We got a decent deal on this property and upgraded to the oceanfront room. The room was decent, bathroom had good water pressure and lots of hot water. View was nice, room was ok. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. 2.5 stars.. decent beach hotel, may stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayIsle32080, Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your romantic weekend. We hope you do decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had booked well in advanced for the south side because it was less expensive and based on previous reviews asked for the 4th or 5th floor because I would get a better view. When I got there was given a room on the north side 5th floor, but no view. So, after some back and forth was given room 520(north side), Excellent view at the same price as the south side. I was able to preview a few rooms and north side is much nicer than the south. Either way I would try to get the 4th or 5th floor nearer to the beach for a better view. All the employees , Especially Randy the manager were great. No breakfast Monday-Friday during our stay. The lobby and amenities are in a seperate building and you need your room key to even get into the building where the rooms are at. The tiki bar is only open seasonally. Over all I would stay here again. The beach shuttle stops here starting at 9am every hour on the hour until about 4pm. Hotel is about a 5 mile drive to the historic section. Very few restaraunts if any that serve breakfast close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a better view. North side is definitely nicer. Need room key to get into the build...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for being a top contributor on tripadvisor. We appreciate your detailed review and are glad you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you also for sharing photos.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every employee I encountered was very nice, the hotel was clean, the view was great! I purchased a Friday & Saturday night stay on LivingSocial, and wanted to purchase an additional night. Without me even asking, they matched the price for the third night that I paid with the LivingSocial deal. My only two complaints: no hot tub and breakfast was not included. But the room did have a balcony, a TV, a fridge, a microwave, clean beds, and a clean bathroom. And that more than covers my essentials. I would be happy to stay again!

Room Tip: Try to get third floor or higher for the best beach view if in a north-facing room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

"Great people, great hotel, great beach" - we love hearing words like that. Thank you for giving our hotel a try and we hope you do come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to St. Augustine Beach for a weekend getaway. We purchased the room thru Living Social so it was a still for the price. Yes, the place is old. It was built back in the late 70s to early 80s. It used to be a Holiday Inn. It is the oldest oceanfront hotel in St. Augustine Beach. It did need to have some touch up paint here and there, but for the most part and accomodated enough for my husband and I. We did have an oceanfront room. The view was excellent. We woke up each morning to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic. We were not too far from all of the attractions in the St. Augustine area. We barely drove anywhere. We took the trolley that stops directly in front of the lobby. I would advise anyone on a budget to check this place out. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this isn't the place, but I'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind paying less and having a great view.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough review. We are glad you had a very nice time on your weekend getaway. Watching the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean sure is a good way to start off the day. We hope you make it back to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Augustine Beach
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#5 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
1 mi away
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
1 mi away
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach...
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
St Augustine Island Inn
St Augustine Island Inn
#48 of 78 in St. Augustine
Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach
Courtyard by Marriott St. August...
#4 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach

Been to Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!