We stayed at the hotel with our 2 children from July 28-July 31. Absolutely everything was fantastic! Every employee we spoke with was friendly and helpful. Customer service was excellent. The restaurant was surprisingly really delicious and very reasonably priced. We weren't expecting that from a hotel restaurant. We ate there for almost every meal. They also have kids meals. It's open for breakfast and dinner only. The poolside bar is open for lunch but we didn't eat there. The pool was great with warm water.
We had a renovated room with a balcony and it was very comfortable and clean. We couldn't hear our neighbors which we appreciated since we're late sleepers. Our room had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. We found out that this used to be a Holiday Inn up until 6 months ago and they are now renovating alot of the hotel. Make sure you request a renovated room. The building with the guest rooms is separate from the reception area and you cannot get in the building without sliding your room key. A little extra security that's appreciated.
The hotel is located directly on the beach. We were surprised to find so few people on the beach. It was great not having to hunt for a place to put down our towels. We're guessing it's because the hotel is next to some apartments so the public doesn't come down this way.
The trolley that takes you to the historic district picks you up right from the hotel and drops you back off at the hotel. It leaves every hour and last return is around 5pm or so. I think it's $5 per person round trip. We didn't use this because we didn't want to return so early. However, the regular trolley that makes 22 stops around the historic district also stops running around 5pm. If you're planning on staying later and are using the trolley or red train then you should drive there, less than 10 min away, and park in the free trolley/train parking.
We had a great time and we're planning on returning in November to see other attractions we missed. Thank you for a fantastic stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort offers the best of both worlds, being directly on St. Augustine Beach, and only 10 minutes to historic 'Old Town.' Hotel amenities include a full service restaurant, free Wi-Fi, direct beach access, large outdoor pool, poolside tiki bar (seasonal) and a friendly staff. A variety of room options are available in our 150-room, 5-floor hotel, ranging from ground-floor rooms which are pet-friendly to partial view rooms to direct oceanfront rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn St Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine Beach
- Saint Augustine Beach Holiday Inn