“Comfortable stay”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Portsmouth VA
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2007

The Days Inn was our first stop after a long 10 hr drive. I mainly chose this hotel for the price and the fact that I could get up and walk to the beach and see the sun rise (which I did).

Even though the room was on the small side (which was fine with us because we only stayed one night) it would probably be rather small for anything more than a 3 or 4 night stay. The hotel was clean and the front desk clerks were very friendly. They gave us a GREAT recommendation for dinner in historic downtown (A1A Brewery). The pool looked a little dirty and it was small too.

The biggest negative for me was the shower - very small - and I am only 5'2" and average weight. Hubby definitely had a hard time.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — very small shower
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Kentucky
Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Days Inn was a wonderful place to stay. My family and I had no problems whatsoever. The staff was very professional and friendly. Although you have to cross A1A to get to the beach, it was worth half the rate price compared to the other hotels across the road. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Most of our time was spent at the pool, which was very clean and not overly crowded. Breakfast consisted of coffee, juices, milk, cereal, danishes, and muffins. Only a small place to eat. We mostly took our breakfast to our room or on the go. I would definetly stay there again!

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
OKC
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed here on 8-10-07 and it was great. We checked out of the Best Western Spanish Quarter (also a great hotel) and moved here to be close to the beach. Marcy and her assistant manager (I wish I could remember her name because she was very helpful too) were very helpful and accomodating. Our room was not ready when we got there (4 hours before check-in) but they offfered up all kinds of things for us to do while it was being cleaned. They offered up the pool and
hanging rooms and places where we could get to the beach without having to walk.

They put our room at the top of their priority list and gave us an accurate time when it would be ready. We got into the room 2 hours before check-in and they even apologized that it wasn't ready earlier. They even changed the room that I had requested to my new preference without hesitation. Thanks!

The room was very clean and comfortable. The beach was a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The breakfast was better than most continental breakfasts even at 9 am.

Marcy even allowed me access to her office to print out my boarding passes for our SWA flight that afternoon (Her assistant manager actually helped me with this but she okayed it). This allowed us to get better boarding for our trip home. Very nice and very unexpected.

All-in-all, we enjoyed this hotel and I would stay there again. I highly recommend it. The Casa del Something is across the street from the Days Inn. You can pay a lot more to stay there but the walk to the beach is about is about a minute less. Not worth it in my opinion. Marcy and her assistant are Disney quality people. We stayed
at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Dec. 2006 and I don't think that anyone there provided a better service. Sure it was a nicer place, but it was $150 more per night.

Stayed August 2007
Miami, Fl
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My husband, mother, mother-in-law and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a little weekend getaway and we were very happy. The people at the front desk were extremely nice. They allowed us to leave the car parked at the hotel even after we checked out to allow us to explore the town on the trolley. This was very kind of them given that the parking was free. We were able to enjoy the best of both worlds because we went to the beach, which was across the street, and we saw the historic town. As for the room, it was very clean and comfortable. It was a good size and we felt really good there. The hotel is located close to the beach and not in the historic part of town, but you can pay for a tour and a trolley will pick you up and take you around the town. The breakfast they offer is good enough to get you through the morning. I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about staying there.

Maria
Miami, Florida

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank mjGAL
NY
Reviewed February 15, 2007

I stayed at the Days Inn for three nights and it was a great stay. The people at the front desk were exceptional. The hotel room was clean and very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone. We will go back.

• Liked — friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Avagrae
Upstate, NY
Reviewed November 20, 2006

I was part of a wedding party that booked a block of rooms for the weekend. The location of the Hotel was perfect, only one block from the beach and walking distance to some resturants and shops. It's about a ten minute drive to down town or about a ten dollar cab ride.
The rooms were updated and mostly clean. The coffee maker was dirty from the person that stayed in the room before me and the filter pack was still in the top of the maker. That was the only problem I had with the room. The parking is a little crowded at night so get a spot early.
The breakfast was not very good, not much selection and no fresh baked goods. The bagles were pre packaged, but anyone from the northeast knows that you cannot get a real bagle in the south.
Over all a great value and I would stay there again with my family.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cold Pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan the eat all meals away from hotel