“Beautiful View”

BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn
Battle Ground, Washington
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The staff at this hotel were so nice to us! At the last minute, I became sick during our stay and we had to check out early. They made the process very simple. Very accommodating, and our view was wonderful. The hotel was very clean and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose the supreme ocean view and this is a must if you want a great view of the ocean! Also, book...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I regret that you became ill during your stay but I am thankful for the time you spent with us. I hope that you will visit us again and enjoy the view once more. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
spain
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked 3 nights here not expecting a great place and were pleasantly surprised, we had a ground floor room, car parked straight outside, room was very comfortable not small at all as someone else said, bathroom was adequate with washbasin in room. We chose it for the location as you get the best of both worlds beach, which was fabulous, and a short drive to the historic quarter.
Plenty of eating places in both locations although the chains restaurants are nearer to town. Breakfast was excellent with an amazing choice for a small hotel and to make up for a small breakfast room they give you the option to pre- order and have it delivered to your room free of charge! Choice of TV programs was the best we encountered on our 5 week trip and also the levels of service from the staff especially reception. Well done!

Room Tip: We had no problems with noise from above with our ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eileen j
I am very happy to see that you found our location perfect and that plenty of eating establishments were close by. I agree that TV channel selection is important for the down time after touring so I am glad that we met your expectations. Thanks again and take care.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very nice stay and directly across the street to beach public access. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice place to sleep. The staff was very accommodating to my mother's need for a downstairs room which I'd forgotten to put into my online reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
I am pleased to see that you had a great time and I trust your mother enjoyed the stay also. Any time you are in St Augustine we would love for you to stay with us on the beach again. Have a fantastic day and much thanks.
Weaverville, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Small room and small bathroom. We paid $140 expecting something much nicer. Not on the beach either. This hotel should have cost $80 or less. Lights on outside of rooms went out during evening so I couldn't see to walk to pool. I'm sure they fixed this quickly, but too late to work for me as I decided to just take a bath instead (in the small and uncomfortable tub.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

3 Thank Susan A
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I regret seeing that your accommodations were not as expected. I will look into the issue with the lights as this is my first time encountering this issue. Otherwise I hope that you enjoyed visiting the historic district and/or the beach during your stay. Thank you for your time.
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went to Saint Augustine for the first time for a wedding. We were barely in the hotel so I can't really complain or praise it. The location is great if you want to spend time on the beach. We needed to be in the center of town most of the time and that was about 5 miles out, which we didn't realize when booking. Overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank KrysOrz
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with for your wedding event and I hope that you had fun in the historic district. Please come and visit us or any the great Best Westerns in town when you return. Take care.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The customer service was excellent, the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the hotel was in a good area and was quiet. Easy access to everything, the rooms were cleaned everyday and was well supplied.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank N0rajj
I very much appreciate everything and I will let the staff know that they did right by you. Anytime you find yourself in St Augustine we would love to have you visit us again. Take care.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife's ring was stolen. I know the hotel is not responsible for personal items, but the manager never interviewed the only two poeple that had access to my room while I was out. He was unable to reach one housekeeper by phone and she did not show up for work the next day. Very suspicious. Very dissatisfied with the investigation, or lack there of.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Joseph W
I am sympathetic that your ring was misplaced during your stay with us, but I would like for you to know that I did speak with both housekeepers and neither has any knowledge of the item in question. Thank you and have a great day.