“Top place to stay!”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked 3 nights here not expecting a great place and were pleasantly surprised, we had a ground floor room, car parked straight outside, room was very comfortable not small at all as someone else said, bathroom was adequate with washbasin in room. We chose it for the location as you get the best of both worlds beach, which was fabulous, and a short drive to the historic quarter.
Plenty of eating places in both locations although the chains restaurants are nearer to town. Breakfast was excellent with an amazing choice for a small hotel and to make up for a small breakfast room they give you the option to pre- order and have it delivered to your room free of charge! Choice of TV programs was the best we encountered on our 5 week trip and also the levels of service from the staff especially reception. Well done!

Room Tip: We had no problems with noise from above with our ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eileen j
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

I am very happy to see that you found our location perfect and that plenty of eating establishments were close by. I agree that TV channel selection is important for the down time after touring so I am glad that we met your expectations. Thanks again and take care.

There are newer reviews for Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very nice stay and directly across the street to beach public access. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice place to sleep. The staff was very accommodating to my mother's need for a downstairs room which I'd forgotten to put into my online reservation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

I am pleased to see that you had a great time and I trust your mother enjoyed the stay also. Any time you are in St Augustine we would love for you to stay with us on the beach again. Have a fantastic day and much thanks.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Small room and small bathroom. We paid $140 expecting something much nicer. Not on the beach either. This hotel should have cost $80 or less. Lights on outside of rooms went out during evening so I couldn't see to walk to pool. I'm sure they fixed this quickly, but too late to work for me as I decided to just take a bath instead (in the small and uncomfortable tub.)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan A
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

I regret seeing that your accommodations were not as expected. I will look into the issue with the lights as this is my first time encountering this issue. Otherwise I hope that you enjoyed visiting the historic district and/or the beach during your stay. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went to Saint Augustine for the first time for a wedding. We were barely in the hotel so I can't really complain or praise it. The location is great if you want to spend time on the beach. We needed to be in the center of town most of the time and that was about 5 miles out, which we didn't realize when booking. Overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank KrysOrz
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with for your wedding event and I hope that you had fun in the historic district. Please come and visit us or any the great Best Westerns in town when you return. Take care.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The customer service was excellent, the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the hotel was in a good area and was quiet. Easy access to everything, the rooms were cleaned everyday and was well supplied.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank N0rajj

I very much appreciate everything and I will let the staff know that they did right by you. Anytime you find yourself in St Augustine we would love to have you visit us again. Take care.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife's ring was stolen. I know the hotel is not responsible for personal items, but the manager never interviewed the only two poeple that had access to my room while I was out. He was unable to reach one housekeeper by phone and she did not show up for work the next day. Very suspicious. Very dissatisfied with the investigation, or lack there of.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph W

I am sympathetic that your ring was misplaced during your stay with us, but I would like for you to know that I did speak with both housekeepers and neither has any knowledge of the item in question. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We earned a free night through Hotels.com rewards, so went for an overnight to St. Augustine Beach. If it wasn't free, I would be complaining about the condition of the room.
On a Sunday @5pm, they had no rooms available, due to maid service. We walked across the street to the beach(easy access!) and waited.
25 mins later we were in. And yuck. Bed wasn't sheeted properly, bad mattress, drapes pulled out of ceiling and hanging, missing a chair, hair in bathroom, kinda smelly.
However, friendly staff. Made a joke about the basement suite(not in Florida, lol)and had good suggestions for eating.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I apologize for the condition of the room during your stay and I assure you this is not typical. We are in the process of renovation and unfortunately did not complete what was started in your room. I hope that you will continue to use the Best Western brand despite the mishap during your stay with us. Thank you for everything.