“Pleasant visit, good location”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very nice stay and directly across the street to beach public access. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice place to sleep. The staff was very accommodating to my mother's need for a downstairs room which I'd forgotten to put into my online reservation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

I am pleased to see that you had a great time and I trust your mother enjoyed the stay also. Any time you are in St Augustine we would love for you to stay with us on the beach again. Have a fantastic day and much thanks.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Small room and small bathroom. We paid $140 expecting something much nicer. Not on the beach either. This hotel should have cost $80 or less. Lights on outside of rooms went out during evening so I couldn't see to walk to pool. I'm sure they fixed this quickly, but too late to work for me as I decided to just take a bath instead (in the small and uncomfortable tub.)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan A
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

I regret seeing that your accommodations were not as expected. I will look into the issue with the lights as this is my first time encountering this issue. Otherwise I hope that you enjoyed visiting the historic district and/or the beach during your stay. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went to Saint Augustine for the first time for a wedding. We were barely in the hotel so I can't really complain or praise it. The location is great if you want to spend time on the beach. We needed to be in the center of town most of the time and that was about 5 miles out, which we didn't realize when booking. Overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank KrysOrz
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with for your wedding event and I hope that you had fun in the historic district. Please come and visit us or any the great Best Westerns in town when you return. Take care.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The customer service was excellent, the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the hotel was in a good area and was quiet. Easy access to everything, the rooms were cleaned everyday and was well supplied.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank N0rajj

I very much appreciate everything and I will let the staff know that they did right by you. Anytime you find yourself in St Augustine we would love to have you visit us again. Take care.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife's ring was stolen. I know the hotel is not responsible for personal items, but the manager never interviewed the only two poeple that had access to my room while I was out. He was unable to reach one housekeeper by phone and she did not show up for work the next day. Very suspicious. Very dissatisfied with the investigation, or lack there of.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph W

I am sympathetic that your ring was misplaced during your stay with us, but I would like for you to know that I did speak with both housekeepers and neither has any knowledge of the item in question. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We earned a free night through Hotels.com rewards, so went for an overnight to St. Augustine Beach. If it wasn't free, I would be complaining about the condition of the room.
On a Sunday @5pm, they had no rooms available, due to maid service. We walked across the street to the beach(easy access!) and waited.
25 mins later we were in. And yuck. Bed wasn't sheeted properly, bad mattress, drapes pulled out of ceiling and hanging, missing a chair, hair in bathroom, kinda smelly.
However, friendly staff. Made a joke about the basement suite(not in Florida, lol)and had good suggestions for eating.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I apologize for the condition of the room during your stay and I assure you this is not typical. We are in the process of renovation and unfortunately did not complete what was started in your room. I hope that you will continue to use the Best Western brand despite the mishap during your stay with us. Thank you for everything.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our room(room 119)was very clean, very friendly staff, comfortable beds and a short walk to the beach. When we first arrived the hot tub was down but was fixed within the first 2 hours of being there. All of the staff was very friendly. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashely C

I am very pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable stay. I hope that you had fun in the hot tub and I will let housekeeping know how well they did. Thank you for everything and have a great day.