“Checked in for 15 minutes and checked out”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived at this hotel and from the outside it looks fine,the lobby is clean and tidy and the lady on reception very pleasant.

We got to our room & were immediately hit by an overwhelming smell of damp the room was dark & not inviting.
About 5 / 10 minutes after arriving we received a call from reception asking if our room was alright.
My husband said no and said it smelled, we were offered another room around the block but the smell was the same.
This was a Hotwire booking so we know you pay your money & take your chance we lost our money, but this was not for us.
Maybe some of the rooms are used more than others so are aired more frequently .
We will just put this down to experience.

4  Thank virginatlantic
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I deeply apologize for the fact that your accommodations were not up to the expected standards. We strive to make all of our guests happy regardless of the booking channel but unfortunately we did not succeed with your visit. Take care and have a great day.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked a block of rooms at the Seaside Inn for a youth group. Barry was very helpful setting everything up and April was amazing at Check in. She set the rooms up so all the boys were well supervised by their coaches. The entire staff went above and beyond to get our group taken care of, for the entire stay. The hotel was a very short walk to the beach and everyone had a great time. This Best Western exceeded my expectations. Thank you for all you did for us. We hope to be back!! By the way, the boys won all their games!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is an excellent value. It is nice to stay on the beach and be able to go into the city o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maura005

I very much appreciate your fabulous remarks. I will let April know that she did a fantastic job. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group and please come visit us again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you want to stay near St Augustine Beach this hotel is pretty decent. Everything was good except the hot tub was dirty. The pool was spotless. Everywhere else was clean. The only other down side was the breakfast was not all that good, powdered (dry) eggs. However, if I need a clean place to stay near St Augustine Beach I would stay here again.

1  Thank mr_guns

Thank you very much for letting us know that you are in favor of a return visit. I apologize for the hot tub that day and I have already changed our breakfast somewhat, so I hope that your next visit will be even better. Take care and have a fantastic day.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We make a weekend trip to St. Augustine a few times per year, as we enjoy the area so much. We discovered Best Western Seaside and it has become our 'home away from home' when visiting St. Augustine.

The staff is amazing - always friendly, knowledgable about the area, and up to date on local events and happenings. I love how welcome they make my family feel when we visit. (True story: My son skinned his knee on the way in for our first trip there. The receptionist was quick to the rescue with cleaning cloths and a bandaid to fix him up. I didn't even have to ask! It was just a nice gesture on her part. I'll never forget it.) We saw the same staff through out our stay and they were always cheerful, always welcoming and always taking the time to acknowledge us. By the end of our first trip, they were calling us by name. I really appreciate that kind of attention. I've never felt more welcomed anywhere else and the attention to details really ensures we're happy with our stay - we've never gone home disappointed.

The hotel itself is beautiful. With stunning architecture and the perfectly tended landscape,it will make you feel grand. The rooms seemed larger than average and it was comfortable when our family of 4 spent a little extra time indoors due to rain. It's so very clean and comfortable as well. We've never had a room that wasn't equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and safe, so it's possible that this is standard. It's also well stocked with complimentary coffees and teas. My kids enjoy evening cookies and the breakfast in the mornings is always delicious with a lot of choices. They have my picky family well covered. It definitely makes one feel special to stay in a place like this.

I saw it mentioned that the pool is small. It isn't large, but this is not a massive hotel either. It's very quaint and my family never felt crowded when visiting.

In addition to the hotel, I really like this area quite a lot. It is within walking distance to the beach and there is a great little community surrounding it. (Grocery store and small shops are also with in walking distance.) It's not in the heart of St. Augustine, but close enough to be there within minutes. We like this, because sometimes you want a retreat from the activity - and this hotel is the perfect place to rest and relax.

I really can't say enough nice things about this place - it is by far, my most favorite hotel in my most favorite place to visit. Can't wait to visit this summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank irideshotgun
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I will be certain to make the staff aware of how well they treated you. The receptionist who took care of you upon check in will definitely be very happy about your remarks. Anytime you are in St Augustine we would love to take care of you. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

There are a couple of hotels we have stayed at here at the beach and most of the time we go out of season and get better pricing. This place was a bit more than we like to spend for a couple nights stay but did anyway. The hotel was very clean and the drive into the lot was well landscaped. The parking lot itself could be a bit better but the room was clean and spacious (hate hotels where you turn in a circle and that's all the moving space there is). When it's time for another quick get away, we will stay here, no questions asked.

1  Thank Vicki L

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay on the beach. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the room. Also, I appreciate your compliment of the driveway into the hotel. Please come and see us again the next time you care to have fun at the beach.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is gloomy. The rooms are dark and uninviting. The pool is small and was not clean.The staff however were nice and helpful. We didn't stay for the whole booking. Cancelled at front desk and were treated with courtesy and understanding even though we elected to leave.The General Manager Barry Peckham sorted the issue to our satisfaction. Well done Barry. Great Location very near the Beach but Hotel not in good condition. Needs brightening up especially the Rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank P3716ZGjohnm
Kwame O, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

I am truly sorry that your visit with us was not more pleasant. The information regarding the room lighting is one I am immediately addressing, so your comment is being taken to heart. Thank you for your time and information.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Check-in process was quick and simple. The manager was nice enough to let us check in 5 hours early (wasn't expecting that.). The hotel is right across the street from the beach, with easy access. Room was spotless, breakfast was good,everyone there was really friendly. If you want beach access, but don't wanna pay the high prices to have a room directly on the beach, then stay here. Overall, I have no complaints about this place, and would have no problem staying here again when I return in a few months.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diontae

You are very welcome for the early check in. I will also let housekeeping know that they did a superb job on your room. Finally, I see that the price was right so the next time you visit please remind us of this so that we may give you a good deal. Thank you very much and take care.