“Very nice staff.”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The motel was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was in a good location and not to far of a walk to the beach. The only problem that we had was the internet connection, we bacialy had none. They had a good breakfast and had coffee and lemon water around the clock. It also had a nice pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Barry P, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for those nice comments and i will share them with my staff. We are always working to improve services and we had changed our routers for the internet a while ago and have had no complaints , so i thank you for letting me know that you had an issue and we are looking into what happenend so that we can fix it and prevent anymore problems.
Thank You.

There are newer reviews for Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I checked in on August 22. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant. We got a room on the first floor. We moved in but found the room too musty. After a half hour we asked for another room. We moved to the second floor. This room was better but still had a musty smell. We stayed. Shortly after we moved in we discovered the alarm clock was broken. We had it replaced. We then discovered the phone wasn't operating. The management fixed it. The chain on our door to secure it was broken. None of these things were biggies. But when you pay over $90/night I expect more. By the way, the general manager was very nice and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments and i see there were a couple of problems that you encountered while staying with us and i wish we had done a better job in handling those issues. We have taken that room out of market and are taking all measures to ensure the room has no more issues.
Thank you again and i hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotels appearance outside was nice our room was fairly clean however the ceiling had a huge patch job and would drip on you while brushing teeth or using sink area, All while standing on drenched carpet. I think they should have not been using this room. Maybe the others were nice , however ours was not. very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review , i am sorry to hear about the ceiling and as soon as you checked out we went in and repaired the leak and the entire ceiling by the vanity area.
We do strive for excellence and all feedback helps us improve services.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is good. There is a beach access right across the street and the public pier is 0.5 mi north of the beach access. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, some within walking distance. There is a shopping center nearby that contains a supermarket, cafes and other shops. The hotel is not far from St. Augustine's historic district. If the weather's bad, there is a movie theater not far away.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Barry P, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We strive for excellent service and all comments are shared with our staff.
Thank you and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed with my girlfriend for two nights. Really good hotel. Near the beach and with beach access. The pool is awesome. It has an spa too, great for relaxing. The room is comfortable and clean. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Rodrigo F

Thank you for your review, we use all feedback to assist us in improving services.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

let me start by saying,LAVERNE at the FRONT DESK is GREAT!! we had reservations down the road with "the REGENCY",which we booked online,upon arrival we found it to be excessively dirty!!with that being said,we did not want to stay in filth for the next 4days,so we cancelled and found the best western. laverne was pleasant and very helpful,and found us a room right on the spot at last minute,she did not miss a beat.......VERY HELPFUL!! at our arrival BEST WESTERN had a nice feel about it.the rooms were clean,staff was pleasant,good location if you like the beach.breakfast was above average,pool area was sufficient,overall very nice clean place to stay.i am only rating 4 out of 5 because on tuesday 8/6 our room(#120) was left unattended with NO maid service,we had to go to front desk to get clean towels for our showers,we were told they would look into it,but we never received an explanation.again overall very pleasant stay and would recommend to a friend .

1  Thank E K

Thank you for your review, we value all feedback and i am happy to hear that Lavern took care of all your needs and went above and beyond.
I am sorry to hear that you did not receive housekeeping service and had to go the desk for towels. We did research and it was a complete mistake on our part, some how the communication lines between departments failed and for this i apologize.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

They must survive because of location. Two roaches in our room 1st night, no big deal, it is FL. Guests helped keep supplies stocked for breakfast, I think staff should stay on top of that. I restocked cups myself, saw others restock utensils & napkins. Worst is parking, my car was sideswiped the day of departure, & no note was left. I went to the front desk to see if anything was reported. They showed no concern. I was told they were working on parking situation, but could not be responsible for others bad driving. I know they are not responsible, but I'm still a guest of their property, and I think some concern is warranted. Upon check-out, my wife was not asked how our stay was, thanked for our stay, or apology about vehicle. Not only would I not recommend, I would advise against staying at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sharlaalexander
Barry P, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I appreciate the review and value all feedback.
I would like to know more about your stay so that i may do some deeper investigation. If you have the time i can be contacted on 904 461 9990.

Many Thanks