Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
$149
$127
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$134
$117
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
$152
$148
GardenInn.com
Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$65
QualityInn
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$147
Super 8 St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)
$80
The Beach Club at St Augustine(Saint Augustine Beach)
All reviewswafflesaugustine beachhard boiled eggshot tubroom was cleanwaffle makerno elevatorst augustineparking lotlocation is greatshort drivesunset grillmini fridgebwjessecerealhousekeeping
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this same hotel some years ago when "staycationing" in St. Augustine Beach. The hotel's biggest asset is that it is an extremely short walk to the beach. Cross the street & walk on block. It is conveniently located a short walk to the pier & Anastatia State Park, as well as all the local restaurants. We did not have to drive anywhere in St Augustine Beach once we parked. We just walked everywhere.

The price is reasonable considering the proximity to the beach. It includes complimentary hot breakfast. They mix up the hot menu. There was eggs & sausage one morning, then biscuits & gravy the next. The hot tub was working too well. It was too hot for most guests. However, for me, it was perfect, since I likes it hot. I was a little light headed when I initially got out. However, a quick dip in the pool took care of that.

I had no issues with the room. The rooms were clean, the shower was hot, the bed was comfy, and the frig & microwave oven worked fine.

The service for the TV was deadly slow. I would flip channels and the they would change about 2 minutes later. It took about a day to find a local channel with the news. However, we spent very little time watching TV so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Unless I decide to rent a beach house for a week & split the cost with a few others, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are noisy, especially close to the front desk & pool.
1  Thank Johnny-Boricua
Barry P, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. Our goal is to make sure every guest that comes to our hotel has an awesome experience and we value feedback as this helps us maintain those high standards and correct any issues.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was rated nice and was also on our worldventures Dreamtrips Life website....It is across the street from the beach but that was not a problem at all. The pool was nice and the hot tub was HOT. The rooms were updated CLEAN and FRESH smelling....Also had a refrigerator and microwave that our hotels previously this week did not have. The front desk was absolutely amazing and offered the best advice on the tours (trolley) and best places to eat AMAZING! Also we got to experience the most relaxing beach I think we have ever been to. The bus stop for the Trolley tour was right out front and the Breakfast was great...waffles, yogurt, toast, biscuits and gravy, juice, milk, fruit just to name a few! Yes the parking around back was tight but we scored the very front parking spot by the palm tree because we read the reviews! The price was RIGHT and we will come back here in the future!

Room Tip: book a room around 102, 103, 104 because it is very quiet, near the pool, office, and you can park just right in the front!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review , we really appriciate all responses and i am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This property is clean, with nice access to the beach. The price was very good I felt. There was a hot tub by the pool, which was only occasionally empty, which resulted in my use on only one occasion. I was hoping it would be more of a jacuzzi type tub but it wasn't. Still, it was really nice on a slightly windy day and very relaxing in the late afternoon after touring the city. The shower head in the room was not adjustable and was set on three strong sprays. I much prefer a finer spray. I mentioned the problem at checkout and was told the maintenance staff would be informed. I have more shower issues wherever I go. The manager of a motel should have to take a shower in a room once in awhile! I was surprised that the beach has no umbrella/chair rental and the hotel staff informed me that there was no beach in the area that had such facilities. I wish I would have known this before I left, as I brought nothing like that with me. The beach was very wide and had no shade of any kind, so we never did go on the beach. They have a breakfast area that closed at 10 AM, and the only time we thought of using it it was at 10:05 AM so I can't report on that. The area did look clean. The TV in the room was Direct TV on a satellite I guess. Changing channels was time consuming and the remote was not user friendly. For the price (weekday price using Orbitz) this hotel was a good deal.

Room Tip: If you are coming to this hotel for a beach vacation, be sure to bring your own beach towels, umbrella, chair, etc. as there is nothing available anywhere in the area to rent. I have not been to a beach area before where this was the case.
1  Thank 0906ret
Barry P, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for writing a survey on our hotel, just to let you know we do rent out beach chairs and umbrellas, we also have pool towels at the front desk. All feedback helps us improve our services , so thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Took my daughter and some friends to the Imagine Dragon concert for her 16th birthday. Not sure how late the concert would end, I decided we would stay overnight using my rewards points. This hotel is reasonably priced for where it is situated close to the beach, tourist attractions and our destination, the amphitheatre. We were greeted with a friendly smile by the front desk. There was a humidifier in our room; so it only felt slightly damp ~ but, what do you expect in humid Florida and near the beach? As a side note, it rained off and on slightly the evening of our stay. Our room on the 2nd floor fit our needs perfectly and the beds were very, very comfortable. Parking is tight; however, there is no additional fee for onsite parking as some hotels charge. Due to time restrictions, we did not take advantage of the many restaurants along the strip on A1A Beach Boulevard. I did notice many vacationers strolling or riding bicycles. When I booked, I knew they offered a continental breakfast so I was surprised when the girls came up to the room with homemade waffles, sausages, pastries, pre-made fried eggs and juice. I went down to investigate myself and also found same plus fresh fruit, packaged cereal, oatmeal and grits along with boiled eggs. The only downside is the breakfast area is a little small. I did see some guests enjoy eating their breakfast at the tables by the poolside though. Overall, I would recommend this hotel. I had visited one other several years ago when I participated in a wedding on the island and this one far exceeds that one in comparison. Note: A1A Beach Boulevard splits off from A1A and makes a horseshoe shape to connect back up farther south. I passed intersection where it split (by McDonald's); but, was able to backtrack after calling the hotel for directions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MadMax_GT

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey, i am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the concert was great. We have some big names that come through our town and perform at the amphitheater. I remember your girls were singing in the lobby creating some excitment for other fans.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I booked at this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Arrived at the hotel, checked into room on the second floor. Immediately when I opened the door I could smell smoke and it was very humid. I called the front desk and they told me the entire hotel is smoke-free but I can tell you the smell in the room was smoke and strong. It also smelled moldy and just not clean. Stayed one night, checked out and moved to hotel across the street, on the beach side. Which was cheaper and much nicer! Pool very small. It looks nice from the outside but don't be fooled. Now something about me and hotels: CLEAN is the number one criteria. This place made my skin crawl.

Room Tip: Our room was on second floor, right above the pool. Maybe another room would have been better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review, i am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not of a level you expected . We strive to mantain a high standard of cleanliness in the rooms and we are a 100% smoke free hotel , but unfortunately there people who dont follow the rules and smoke in the rooms and we try to remove the smoke but it does take a while.
Again i do apologize for not exceeding your expectations.