I love staying close to the beach so when looking that was high on my priority list. This hotel is located just about a block from the beach, just across the street and down one of the beach access streets and you're there at the Atlantic Ocean.
The hotel is about "mid strip" on A1A Beach Blvd with lots of shops and restaurants up and down the strip. There is a Publix at the southern end and the weekly Farmer's market is about a quarter mile north and is there every Wednesday. The Old Town Trolley Beach Bus (recommended) stops right in front of the hotel and provides an easy access to Downtown St. Augustine and you won't have to worry about parking....The tickets for the Trolley can be bought at the front desk and they are good for 3 days...
My room was clean, nice sized, the bed was comfortable and included a small refrigerator (no freezer) and microwave. Relatively quiet and comfortable. Decent breakfast included with cold cereal, hot entree, fruit, yogurt, make your own waffles.
The staff was excellent...I called a few days before I arrived to inquire about things to do and was given a good list of things. When I arrived I was checked in early and asked for directions to the Lincolnville Farmers Market. She cheerfully gave me direction and pointed out a few spots of interest. The manager helped me catch the Beach Bus (it blew right by me on the first run) and offered to chase after the bus if it passed me again. The staff was cheerful in going about their rounds (housekeeping, maintenance, laundry) and were smiling constantly. They even offered excellent dinner suggestions for one.
I would definitely recommend this location to anyone coming to St. Augustine and wanting to stay at the beach...it's easy access into downtown and you're at the beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western - St. Augustine Beach Inn is a Spanish style two story 50 room building with exterior corridors. Beach access directly across the street (less than 90 second walk till your toes are in the sand!). Pool and spa are on site with microwaves and fridges in all rooms. A hot breakfast with a wide variety of options is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Seaside Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Best Western Saint Augustine
- Days Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Days Inn