“Needs Cleaning”

Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Reviewed February 22, 2008

This hotel was dirty and needed to be DEEP cleaned! The carpet was filthy and the tub looked yuck! Walking across the carpet my socks got black! The walls were discolored and need a coat of paint. A smoke detector would of been nice..... The bedding was old and looked real bad. I asked a housekeeper if there was an elevator because I had a HUGE suitcase that I could not lift up 2 flights of stairs by myself and she just simply said no.... didnt even ask if she could call anyone to assist. Totally ignored me... The only possitive was the woman working the front desk was very polite and friendly. Would not stay here EVER again.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank TPen
mmaxwell, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2008

I believe this guests has this Days Inn confusted with the Days Inn in the Historic District. There are 3 Days Inn in St, Augustine and this property does not have a Denny's Restaurant any where close by. The Historic DaysInn has a Denn'ys next door to the hotel.
So, I believe this review is for fthe wrong property.

Marcy Deering

There are newer reviews for Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn

Reviewed November 2, 2007

This hotel was possibly a bit pricey, but it was very nice. We paid $70 for a Sunday night in Oct. Pretty room, with nice furniture and decor. Good and plentiful breakfast, even though there was no hot-cooked food. Good location in St. Augustine Beach.
Friendly, helpful staff at the desk.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doylouise
mmaxwell, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2008

Hi, Thank your for your great review, My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and my staff is the best you could ask for. Very informed about the area and attractions we bend over backwards to assist.

Marcy Deering

Reviewed October 12, 2007

We found this to be a good deal for our weekend stay in St. Augustine and it seemed like a nice property from the photos on their website and the rates were good $85/night on the weekend so we thought we would give it a try.

We arrived and the staff was friendly, however when we got into our first room it smelled horrendous of an awful fishy smell. We thought, ok maybe some fisherman stayed in the room let's just go ask for another. I explained the situation to the staff and apologized for being picky, but the room really did have a foul odor. They were curteous and apologized and promptly set us up with another room. We went to the new room and as soon as we walked in, there was a musty smell. I thought - ok, it's late and I don't feel like searching for another place to stay, we will probably get used to the smell in a few minutes. We unpacked our stuff and were in the room for about 10 minutes and we didn't "get used to" the smell, in fact it was so strong that me and my wife became sick to our stomach and we couldn't hack it so we left and they apologized and refunded our money. We went across the street to the Castillo Real hotel which we thought would be too expensive, but it turned out that a comparable room is normally 129 but they gave it to us for 109 since it was late. Man, for the $25 extra, it was very nice and I'm glad we left the Days Inn. That was my last chance for Days Inn as I've had nothing but bad experiences the past several of them that I've stayed in. I will never go back to a Days Inn again.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank erbentraut
Reviewed October 8, 2007

I read about this motel before we booked on TA. There were nothing but excellent reviews and after staying there for 2 nights, I agree with the reviews. The motel is very clean, new updated furniture, very attrative exterior, nice pool area and a short walk o the beach. I spoke with the manager upon arrival to tell tell her why I picked this location and she was very appreciative of my comments. She was very proud of her property and it shows. I felt very welome. The location was great! A few short miles to St Augustine. The beach area location offered everything we needed. I highly reommen this motel. I would stay there again without a seond thought.

1  Thank Scubaden
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed here just one night on our way down the coast from Southern Ga. to Orlando, but I wish we had had a little more time.

The rooms were clean, pretty, and very comfortable. The baths were just fine and neither my husband nor I (both are tall) had ANY problems with the shower as mentioned by some others. Pool was clean and very attractive, with a hot tub also. It was great to have a pool even though the hotel is just across the street from the beach. There are a number of restaurants nearby and old town St. Augustine is really worth a stop.

All in all, a very enjoyable time.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank RedCa
Reviewed September 5, 2007

The Days Inn was our first stop after a long 10 hr drive. I mainly chose this hotel for the price and the fact that I could get up and walk to the beach and see the sun rise (which I did).

Even though the room was on the small side (which was fine with us because we only stayed one night) it would probably be rather small for anything more than a 3 or 4 night stay. The hotel was clean and the front desk clerks were very friendly. They gave us a GREAT recommendation for dinner in historic downtown (A1A Brewery). The pool looked a little dirty and it was small too.

The biggest negative for me was the shower - very small - and I am only 5'2" and average weight. Hubby definitely had a hard time.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Days Inn was a wonderful place to stay. My family and I had no problems whatsoever. The staff was very professional and friendly. Although you have to cross A1A to get to the beach, it was worth half the rate price compared to the other hotels across the road. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Most of our time was spent at the pool, which was very clean and not overly crowded. Breakfast consisted of coffee, juices, milk, cereal, danishes, and muffins. Only a small place to eat. We mostly took our breakfast to our room or on the go. I would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)