“Frequent visitor”

Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Frequent visitor”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stay here several times a year because it's the closest motel to my daughter's house. The man who checks me in never remembers me. (and I'm not exactly forgettable.)

I always get a king room, but will stop because they're all on the second level and I'm tired of schlepping my stuff up a flight of stairs.

This time my room had a very damp, musty odor and my stopped up sinuses woke me up in the middle of the night. Next time I'll bring some Damp Rid.

Room Tip: If you are older or can't do stairs, don't go for a king bed room. They are all on the seco...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greg_ABVI, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We have a huge demand for rooms with two queen beds downstairs, therefore most of our king rooms are located on the second floor. Housekeeping is required to leave the air conditioning units on at all time. I apologize that your a/c unit may not have of been on last time prior to your check-in. Please do not hesitate to let us know any concerns you may have during your stay. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel had nice rooms. The pool was nice but only had one chair that wasn't broken. We booked from this hotel because it advertises that it has Old Town Trolley stop there. IT DOES NOT! They haven't for years. We found out 40 minutes before we were to leave. When we checked in we were told they did stop there. We ended up having to drive to another hotel to catch the trolley. The tv didn't come in very good but that's not too big a deal. My disappointment is being mislead both online and then when we got there about the trolley. If we hadn't already paid for our four day stay, we would've gone to a different hotel that did have the stop. If you are looking for a nice place to just sleep, this place is fine.

• Stayed September 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The first think Im very impressed was the serviced from staff at lobby they so helpful and happy smiley. The room clean the bed comfortable with air condition.The toilet paper, soap and shampoo,makeup remover, ice bucket, coffee maker, cups,laundry bag, TV, microwave, fridge, suitcase are available. The housekeeper are doing their job properly.Buffet breakfast was great.Location was good as it was near to beach.The price is reasonable. I would like to stay there again definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth T
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel has a nice room setup, clean room and bathroom and a nice staff. We stayed for $60.00 for the night as we were passing thru St. Augustine on our way home to Fort Lauderdale. I was pleased with the room and the way it is set up. The price was definitely right on this place!

The bathroom is clean, shower is clean and even the shower head is clean. I am not sure if we will have breakfast, as we usually get up late.

There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well as a table with two chairs.

There are too few outlets thou to plug in our electronic devices.

We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristina B
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed her for 2 nights for a great price. It is well kept, decent complimentary breakfast, clean rooms/no smells, ac worked fine, fridge and microwave a big plus. Nice pillows and the bed was probably one of the best hotel beds I have slept on for such a decent price. No noise problems and the pool was nice and warm and sparkling clean and open until 11:00 pm. Several restaurants and stores within walking distance that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and the beach is approximately a 10 min walk. A great value, we will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed one night and my room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the a/c unit was recently replaced. The front desk people were friendly and professional. Not all channels on tv worked plus it was old. Pool area small but clean. I think the room was over priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lyerly, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We were in Saint Augustine for three nights and decided to stay here since we were on a budget. I was hesitating it because we've stayed in an Amercias best value before and the room was like sleeping in a closet. But this hotel was great! Nice sized rooms, good & clean. It was a pleasure to stay here & we'll more than likely stay here again when we return to Saint Augustine.

• Stayed September 2013
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach...
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Super 8 St. Augustine Beach
Super 8 St. Augustine Beach
#10 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!