“We use to book thismhotel because of the salt water pool HOWEVER,”

Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were in the pool this last weekend and it is no longer salt water. We are very unhappy about this. We live here locally and book this hotel for weekend getaways and for friends and family so when we checked in and got in the pool we were very upset to see the water had been changed.. We even have reservations at the end of the month as well. We have been using this hotle for 5 plus years, Other than that the places always clean, very nice staff and the free breakfast is filling. We will be back the first weekend in May

Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach

Reviewed March 29, 2012

THIS IS OUR 3RD STAY IN THIS PLACE. IT IS COMMUTABLE TO ST. AUGUSTINE WITHOUT THE HUSTLE & BUSTLE OF THE "BIG CITY". IN THE SURROUNDING AREA, there are many good restaurants nearby as well as the famed beach. It is an excellent value for the money, especially If you join their "ABV CLUB" which gives you a discounted rate or an upgraded room for no extra charge. The rooms are spacious & well appointed with everything one needs (iron, radio, hair dryer, TV, etc.). THEY SMELL VERY GOOD WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF CLEANLINESS. I recommend it highly. The staff is very pleasant & accommodating and a pleasure to deal with. We'd go back again in a heartbeat! Their "ABV Club" is nation-wide, by the way.

Paul Maguire

Room Tip: they are all good........
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BROOKLYNBEECHBOY
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The bed was firm, pillows were fine I got 3 for my king bed. The breakfast area was limited on items. Coffee was good. Location was great for me right off the highway with many choices for food and stores.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I were on a budget trip to FL following a wedding in GA. We headed to this hotel based on the pretty good reviews on this site. The room was good sized and clean (no bedbugs), and a close enough walk to the beach. However, the room smelled musty and it was not the best if you cant take smells (like me). I'm not a room snob and am ok with a little shabbiness as long as a room is clean and does not smell. We stayed a couple of days, but moved on to Fernandina Beach as it was "Bike Week" in St Augustine and there were hundreds of Harleys that were in town on their way to Daytona. The staff was very helpful and nice when we decided to check out early and refunded our final 2 days stay with no questions asked since we told them before 3pm. Breakfast is pastries and cereal, coffee and toast. I got my own cereal and bowl since I also hate all the styrofoam bowls and plates that these chains use. Not a bad place, and ok if you are not bothered by smells.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Greg: We have stayed at your motel for over twenty years under various owenerships. Always the best value on the island and the rooms and the grounds are spotless. Great staff.Frank at the front desk is always ready to do help in any way he can Yes you are American owed and the other fellow at the desk in Oct. from Europe was very nice. Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon .( Retired Marine) Frank will know who we are.
.EC from Cincinnati Ohio

Room Tip: All he rooms are nice. We like the second floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iraq
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went with my college roommates during the MLK weekend and was very pleased. The room and decor is older, but it is very clean. The bed was pretty average comfort wise and the room had a ton of space. My only complaints about the room is that the actual bathroom was really small and dark, and the wallpaper in there obviously needed to be replaced. It was good overall, especially considering the price.
I frequent the area and usually stay in a condo a few miles down on the beach, so this was definitely a change, but a pleasant one. The location is great. The beach is across the road for those who want to walk, but there is public access and parking down 8th street if crossing the A1A doesn't sound like your cup of tea. It's a short drive from Old Town, but it feels further because you're not in a high-traffic area.
The man below me said that some of the staff cannot speak English and that was not my experience. We had a very friendly, European woman (i think), who spoke English well. She had a heavy accent, but who really cares. As long as you're somewhat cultured, you shouldn't have a problem. The same guy said "This hotel is not American Run and they don't care about Americans." That is a completely ridiculous thing to say. I'm not even going to elaborate why. His review speaks for itself.

I probably would not stay here again only because I prefer staying directly on the beach, but I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank April E
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We went there because of a coupon special and was given 2 higher prices when i got there . we called and she told us that the rooms were available and the price would be available as per the coupon .

I spoke to the owner the next day and he did not care at all

This hotel is not American Run and they don't care about Americans .. some of the staff was unable to speak English with me .

Room Tip: Take a look around there are better places to stay and they are not all listed on the web.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John p
greg32080, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Sir , thank you for your comments concerning your stay. We are an American owned and operated family oriented hotel that diligently works to ensure that every guest visiting our property has an enjoyable stay. We have great rooms and a really caring staff. We offer free WiFi, continental breakfast, and provide in-room coffee makers, microwaves and fridges. As I advised you when I called you the following day that all of the information is clearly stated on our ad and that we advised you of the cost when you walked into our lobby. From our telephone conversation you did state that you didn’t contact our property prior to driving up. You agreed to and purchased the room for price stated. There were no problem with the room or your stay. The following morning you stormed into the lobby and started yelling and using profanities, intimidating my female sale representative. The other guests were also very uncomfortable with your behavior. It was not until another staff member was called in and notified you that we would contact law enforcement did you leave the property. Again ,that you for your comments and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Augustine Beach
St Augustine Island Inn
St Augustine Island Inn
#48 of 78 in St. Augustine
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach...
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#4 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Southern Oaks Inn
Southern Oaks Inn
#11 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!