“wonderful and would definately go again”

Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family was at this hotel from 7/16/2011 to 7/23/2011 and we loved it!
I booked my room online and got a great deal for a room with 2 queen beds.
A few days before we left, I got an e-mail telling me that they were waiting on us and that they hoped we would enjoy our stay.This was a nice touch,as far as I am concerned.
Our room was large and on the first floor,right next to the pool gate.We were on the side facing Zaharia's Greek Restaurant.
The motel grounds were very clean and we saw people cleaning them daily.The room was clean,painted nicely and had pretty bedspreads and pictures on the wall. The carpeting was clean and there was no musty, moldy smell that some people said they smelled.
There was a table and chairs in the room and three lamps,as well as a microwave and mini-fridge. There was also a nightstand and a dresser, which held a Bible , phone books, tourist info and hotel layout charts and numbers for assistance.
The bathroom was clean and fresh towels,soap,shampoo, and eye make-up remover were provided by housekeeping staff on a daily basis.
In the vanity/ sink area, there was a 2 cup coffee pot,an ice bucket,and a hair dryer.new packages of coffee,water cups,coffee cups,sweetner,cream ,and stirrers were provided daily.
In the mornings ,you could partake of a free continental breakfast, that offered,bread to toastin their toaster,several choices of cereal,instant oatmeal,snack cakes, bagels, butter,cream cheese,jams,milk,coffee and on some days, orange juice.
their was an ice machine you could use,just by inserting your key card.
they also had a commercial size washer and dryer for guests to use, with a wrought iron bench to sit on while you waited. The price for doing laundry was cheaper than in a washeteria and was fair. you did not have to keep feeding the dryer dimes to get dry clothes.
Walgreens is right next door on one side and Zaharias on the other.next to Zzaharias is a winn dixie and Liquor store. Publix is just down the road,across the street and there are several beach wear, souvenir shops nearby, within easy walking distance. the beach is a 5 minute walk away, but I'd still use my car,because Hwy A1A is very busy here.
The hotel office staff were nice and the decor was pretty with a seashore theme.
a tour shuttle does come by for those who want to use it.
The pool is big and well maintained . I believe it uses saline and not chlorine, to maintain cleanliness. It has a shower ,so you can shower upon entering or leaving the pool. The pool has several resin chairs, chiase lounges and tables with sun umbrellas.It has aprivacy fence and is locked until it opens at 9
;30 and then locked again at 11:30, when it closes.The pool is monitored by office staff,viewing a t.v. screen.There are 2 cameras constantly feeding them poolside views.
I loved it here and so did my hubby and kids. It really felt like a home away from home and we felt safe.
my only problem,was, that I'd like a thicker pillow...but again ,that;s just my personal preference.all bedding was new and clean and the beds were so comfortable.
The only thing,i'd say is that our micro-fridge would not keep ice cream,...but it did work for everything else. we would ddefinately come back, if in the area again and would definately recommend this hotel.it will stay on my GPS list of favorites.
And to my surprize, upon my arrival home,I got an E-mail fromthem,saying how glad they were that we'd chosen to stay there and how they hoped we'd come again. Now that's service.

Room Tip: If you need a first floor ask for it. I asked for first floor,by the pool and that's exactly wha...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JABU784

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in April, 2011 to visit family. The room looked old, but it was clean. Checked for bed bugs and did not see any.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyofFour76
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Inn was very good for the price. The appliances were a bit older BUT it was very, very clean. And that's all that should matter if you are just looking for a place to sleep while visiting beautiful St. Augustine. Also, the place was quiet all night. Despite it's low prices, the other people staying at the hotel were very polite and I barely noticed anyone was in the rooms next to us.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank vyakal
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The inn was ok and looked clean. It was a bit smelly in the room thou

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank usa2011trip
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I booked this hotel thinking it was on the ocean. Although it's a short walk to the ocean, you can't actually see the ocean from the hotel. Had I known that, I would have booked somewhere else. If all you need is a bed, this place is fine but don't expect to step out your door and see the ocean.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MCA_MN
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I drive from Ohio every year and I discovered this hotel 4 years ago! I recommend this hotel to my family and friends. The staff is friendly and at this point they remember who I am when I visit. They have a lovely breakfast in the morning which kick starts my day. Since I have a 16 hour drive I LOVE this location because I really can go the whole time with out getting back into my car. I can walk to the grocery store, to a delicious greek restaurant and many other restaurants and bars with in a 5 minute walk, the beach, several stores for clothing, for bathing suits and anything I forgot to pack! I feel very safe and comfortable at this hotel. I am excited for my trip again next year!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank imglobal
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Booked a New Year's weekend trip at this place based on previous reviews and the location. I stay in budget hotels (i.e., <$100/night) regularly and definitely don't have high standards. I opened the door to my assigned room and it looked ok, but had a gross musty/damp/cigarette smell despite it being a non-smoking hotel. Also, the beds were made, but there was a random pile of bedsheets on top of one of the beds. Not sure whether they were dirty or clean and I didn't want find out! Decided not to stay and luckily the manager gave me back all but $12 which I felt was fair given that they have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Ended up at Wingate near the St. Augustine outlet malls (see my review on that place, it was great!).

Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank palmtree11
greg32080, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Thank you for your comments concerning your experience at our hotel. I apologize that your assigned room was not ready upon arrival. We had just received an order of new sheets and were in the process of systematically replacing all of our bedding. We are very accommodating and want to ensure an enjoyable stay. For any reason if a room is not satisfactory, we will find you another room that you will love. Life is short, have fun!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Augustine Beach
Southern Oaks Inn
Southern Oaks Inn
#10 of 78 in St. Augustine
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#5 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
#46 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!