“Very pleased! A must for jacuzzi lovers!”

Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Reviewed April 24, 2009

My s/o and I were VERY pleased with our stay. Not my first time to St. Augustine Beach but first time at this hotel. We were not in St. Augustine for sight-seeing, however, it's very close and convenient to everything. We had a king room w/ocean view, jacuzzi and balcony (balcony was a must since we're smokers in a non-smoking hotel). The decor in entire hotel including our room was beautiful; mattress & pillows very comfortable, dressing area and shower VERY nice. But best of all was the jacuzzi in our room. It was definitely worth the additional money. Plenty of room around the jacuzzi for candles :o)And if you're looking to stay in for the night, there's a little pizza joint just south of the hotel. Pizza was great and they have a full menu for pickup or delivery. We'll definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ascend Collection Castillo Real

Reviewed April 6, 2009

My husband and I visited St. Augustine, Fl for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed at the Castillo Real Hotel and was impressed the moment we walked through the door. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, the lobby is beautiful and the front desk very friendly. When we got to our room, we were delitefully surprised, the room was very large and clean and beautifully decorated. We booked a standard king room. There was a huge shower in the bathroom, a vanity area that was seperate from the bathroom area, the bed was very comfortable, we slept great, the room was nice and dark.. There were terry cloth robes, a sm. ref. and microwave and coffee maker. The hotel is only steps from the beach. The La Concina restaurant in the lobby was exquisite, My husband enjoyed duck, while I enjoyed the seafood bisque. Be sure and visit Cafe Eleven restaurant across the street for the breakfast buffet. The weight room was adequate, there is a sauna and steam room. The outlet malls and historic district are only a short drive away. Drive to the Ripley Red Train Station, you get to park free while you take the tour; be sure and tour the Winery. When you visit St. Augustine be sure and stay at the Castillo Real, you will not be disappointed. We will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband and I rented a King with inroom jacuzzi. The shower/vanity bathroom area was lovely and the room, while only overlooking the parking lot was clean and the bed very cozy. Very attractive lobby,/Just steps to a magnificent beach and a short walk along the beach to some cool restaurants and a lovely pier which we chose as we wanted more casual dining. We were visiting St. Augustine for 3 days and with just a short drive into the town, I'm glad we stayed where we did as we enjoyed the beach, but also the historic town...the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We only spent one night at the Castillo Real, but we enjoyed it very much. The room we were in was beautiful - the walk-in shower was wonderful, and the breakfast we had the following morning was delicious and not too expensive. It was close the beach and pier too which was nice for a morning walk prior to leaving. I would definately recommend this hotel if you are looking for "upper-class" stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This was the best place we stayed in on our recent vacation that included 4 different hotels. The room was beautiful and unique. The jacuzzi was huge. The service was wonderful. There are 2 different beach access points less than a block away. Anytime I go back to St. Augustine I will stay there. Try the coffee shop across the street for breakfast and Barnacle Bill's for dinner.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Sandbartender
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights at the Castillo Real in the St. Augustine Beach area. I selected this hotel after researching a number of hotels on Tripadvisor.. I booked this hotel on the Clarion/Choice Hotel website and I selected a regular room.($89 per night.) Check in was real fast and a hotel staff member helped us to our room (#103). He refused my tip as he just wanted to help. The room was very clean and everything was in order. There was a large screen TV, microwave, small refrigerator, and personal products (lotions etc). My wife Diane liked the personal grooming room & chair as well as a large shower in a enclosed room. (ventiliation was excellent) The only possible drawback (for some) was the lighting in the room as it appeared dark. If you needed to read something you would need to go to the grooming room which was well lighted. The room itself had a number lamps but illumination was somewhat inadequate. There is a restaurant on site but we dined at other restaurants in St. Augustine. The pool was good and refreshing. Towels were provided. Parking was more than adequate. The hotel's appearance and location on the beach makes the Castillo Real. Check out was fast and courteous. We did the trolley tour over two days and we walked the Lighthouse to the top. I would strongly recommend the Castillo Real. (Dates of occupancy: 10/06 to 10/08/08).

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KAILUAKID
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We chose this place based on trip advisor reviews and we were very pleased with the quality of the rooms, lobby, etc. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed. We loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries, soft linens, coffee maker, mini-fridge, DVD player. The bathroom is a nice size with a huge shower. The beds were nice and soft, the AC worked great. The two things I did not like was that even with an ocean view (a little more expensive), the windows were very dirty, a lot of condensation and moisture from the ocean. That can't be helped unless you emply window washers every day, but I don't think the hotel should charge $20 more for the view when you really can't enjoy it and it is blocked by residential properties. The second thing that was disapointing was that we asked for a quiet room away from the elevator, if possible. Guess where our room was? Across from the elevator! The first night was noisy and we thought about asking if we could be moved, but the second night was better. The hotel didn't seem fully booked so perhaps they didn't see the note on my web reservation request.
Overall, though, it was a nice hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank isabill