“Excellent!”

Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've stayed at the Beachfront B&B a couple of times and both visits were perfect. They have the main house that has traditional B&B rooms, but we like staying in the small cottages behind the building. They are nicely decorated, very clean, and provide nice privacy. They have an above ground pool that is perfect to cool off in after a walk on the beach. They also have a very nice hot tub. There are bikes for guest use on the beach. The daily breakfast is excellent. Nothing cheap about it. Some B&Bs forget about making a great breakfast, but not this place. The beach is very nice. There are plenty of local places to eat in the area and you aren't too far from downtown St. Augustine. I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
managerlfis, Owner at Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We appreciate your nice comments! Our cottage rooms with their coastal decor and private entrances are popular especially since they include a microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker. Our heated in ground pool is elevated for ocean views and outdoor Jacuzzi are amenities that most of our guests enjoy while they are guests yet it is never crowded and many times only one couple. Glad that you enjoyed our breakfasts and we hope to see you soon. Lauren & Rich

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The most beautiful bed and breakfast ever. Very romantic. And everyone was so nice they would bend backwards for you to make your stay more pleasurable. We stayed only for two nights and the staff was hugging us goodbye. I will definetly go back and I highly recommend it.

Veronica

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We loved our four days at this b&b. The house is lovely and the view is beautiful. We enjoyed morning walks on the beach, afternoon swim in the pool, and evenings in the hot tub. We were pleased to learn that beach chairs, towels, bikes, and even sunscreen are available for guest to use. It made packing for our vacation much easier! Everyone was very friendly and helpful in making suggestions for lunch and dinner. Our only suggestion would be to install an ice maker on site. It is inconvenient to have to go down the street to get a bucket of ice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southerntravelers02
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I retired! Usually it is a time of rejoicing and doing things you want to do. For me however, it happened so suddenly that I was overwhelmed with mixed feelings.

To the beach I had to go to sort things out and this was the place. It was quiet, peaceful, beautiful and the caretakers were nice and stayed out of my face until I called for help (when I locked myself inside my room. I think the deadbolt was loose and they came immediately).

I guess on the minus side was the beach was over a dune and could not be seen from my room and was quite a hike for me. Having said that, I have a foot problem. When I called to make reservations I mentioned my slight walking handicap. The desk clerk told me breakfast was seved upstairs but they would be glad to bring it downstairs for me. I was able to handle the stairs and the food was delicious. The staff were ready to serve and cheerful.

There were nice restaurants close by for lunch and dinner.

Having stayed in many B&Bs, I was impressed that all the furniture matched in my room. It was not shabby.

Room Tip: If you wish to sit and watch the ocean get an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carmie60
Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you're looking for an oceanfront B&B, stay at the Beachfront Bed & Breakfast in St. Augustine Beach, FL. It is our ideal spot for romance and relaxation. We have stayed here several times, in different rooms, and enjoy it more and more each time. You can swim in the pool, sit in the hot tub, or walk along the beach and listen to the waves. The sunroom has fantastic views of the ocean. We ate breakfast every morning watching the waves.

Room Tip: The Royal Palm room in the main house is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank June M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been coming to the La Fiesta Inn for 11 years, and have stayed in various locations on the property. This time we tried the B &B for a change. It was a real treat. Our room (Windjammer) was large, and comfortable. It even has a smaller room as you enter the front door. Love the privacy and the all-adult atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were "rained out" in the Southern part of Florida and decided to drive up the coast where it was sunny. We are beach people so we were looking for something oceanfront. We happened to notice a sign for the Beachfront B&B and called the telephone number. As we wanted to see the property before booking the room, the owner agreed to meet us and show us all around the property. The property is just lovely. It is an old house. I think that's the charm of a B&B. The grounds are beautiful and well maintiained. The pool and hot tub are clean and most enjoyable.
My husband and I stayed in the Royal Palm Room. At first I was disappointed that we weren't oceanfront, but the room was so pretty. It is very private with a side window that is oceanview. It has a king-size bed with luxurious linens and a settee and coffee table so that you have a place to sit and relax with a glass of wine or the complimentary sherry. We could also sit in the pleasant sun room in the common area and look at the ocean. The bathroom is larger than in many places we've stayed. Great shower, nice complimentary toiletries. There is a refrigerator with complimentary water. Flat screen tv and dvd player. Huge closet. Complimentary beach towels/bath robes which came in handy after a dip in the pool and/or hot tub. Tea/coffee/cookies always available.The B&B also furnishes beach chairs/beach boards/bicycles.
The breakfast was good. Maybe the comments of other reviewers have been taken to heart because coffee was flowing & the entrees varied daily. My husband doesn't eat waffles, and the staff offered to make him something else. I really feel that the staff wanted guests to enjoy themselves and went above and beyond to accommodate them. In fact, I think that's what impressed me the most about this inn. They offered suggestions for restaurants and sights to see and things to do. Lauren, the owner, loves what she does, and it shows. She helped my husband find a great restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and even called to make the reservation.
I loved the attention to detail-- the specialty teas, the bathrobes, the dinner suggestions, the sherry, and the goody bag of muffins and scones we took with us when we left. But most of all, the gracious hospitality of the friendly people. This may just start an anniversary tradition!

Room Tip: We really liked the Royal Palm. It was private and well furnished.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple