“Great Find!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
Memphis, NY
“Great Find!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is such a gem. Reasonably priced for right on the beach. Great beach access, Nice heated outdoor pool, beach towels available and another little added touch.....breakfast delivered to your room every morning all comes with the price of a room! Miniature golf right next door. Great restaurants in the area within walking distance. The rooms are clean and very cute! Conveniently located to everything in St. Augustine but away from all the traffic in town. The whole staff is so friendly. Francisco made our stay so enjoyable!!! I called him weekly for about six weeks to ask many questions. He was so helpful. By the time we arrived we felt like we knew him forever. He's just as nice in person as he was on the phone. We will be going back!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary689

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

It felt like home at the inn except someone else cooked my breakfast! With a short walk to the beach and a heated pool I was happy. The room: was spotless, had fridge & microwave, very comfortable bed. Fresh pool towels were always available in the lobby.
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, recommending spots of interest to us ( excellent miniature golf right next door) & great places to eat, especially in walking distance.
Francisco Villafane endeavoured to make our stay as wonderful as possible, from our many phone calls with questions to introducing us to staff. Early each morning someone greeted me with a smile as I came to the lobby for fresh brewed coffee. This morning the housekeeping staff assisted me with the operation of the commercial washer & dryer.
Whenever we head to A1A we will look foward to time with Francisco and staff at La Fiesta.

Room Tip: First floor is great as floors are typed and it's easy access to the pool and your car?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Betty d
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a booking issue with La Fiesta and they bent over backwards to make everything better. Cindi and Francisco are great and also had some great restaurant recommendations (Purple Olive and Caps). The rooms have all been renovated and are well appointed. Every room is clean and neat. There is an entrance to the beach from the hotel and the rooms with a balcony or patio are the rooms to get - you can hear the ocean from your patio. The breakfast is really good, especially the house made scones. We recommend this hotel. We ended up extending our stay two nights because the hotel and staff was so nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Italian_Glass
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

As my wife and I traveled down A1A on the way to nowhere in particular, we passed the La Fiesta. Without thinking I turned in and we had an awesome experience. The main body of the motel was probably built in the late '50's in a straight line shotgun style but the outside was very well maintained. Our room faced the ocean but we could only see a little because of the long courtyard and the sand dunes. However, we could hear the waves breaking. The room was perfect for us.Soft pillows, comfortable mattress, small fridge, sink and a microwave was part of the stay. I particularly liked the very stylish ceiling fan. When was the last time you saw a ceiling fan in a motel room? The very special touch was a hot breakfast delivered on a tray complete with doily. We had fresh egg croissants that were wonderful. I highly recommend this place. The owner is available. The manager and the front desk employee were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: I will get a second floor room next time. I think you can see the ocean from there.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidcox0220
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I decided to stay here spur of the moment while driving to Orlando. I stopped at the Florida welcome center on my way and decided that I wanted to spend a night by the beach since I was arriving to Florida a day early. St Augustine seemed like a wonderful old town. I found La Fiesta on price line and booked it right away. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice! It had a very comfy feeling and it was very clean. The bathroom was a little small but for just one person it wasn't a problem. If I had been traveling with one of my friends there may not have been enough room for all our stuff. My window had a great view of the mini golf course. The pirate ship lights up at night which makes a pretty view. There is nice boardwalk down to the ocean. Once I walked down to the beach it was hard to leave. It was not crowded at all! There was a great Mexican restaurant just a block away so I didn't have to drive to get dinner. After I got something to eat I took a dip in the pool. It was a little chilly out but the water stayed nice and warm. The best part of my stay was getting breakfast delivered to my room. You get to pick what you want to eat and what time they will deliver it. I plan on coming back next year and bring a friend. If you are planning a trip to St. Augustine this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ACarlson03
Canterbury, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Enjoyed a room with two queen size beds for Valentines Day weekend, with balcony and view of the ocean. Very convenient to go for walks on the beach. Room was nice and provided all that was needed. Staff was friendly and accommodated all requests.

Breakfast delivery was nice but stay away from the egg dishes, not real eggs. Would highly recommend that the hotel try to improve their breakfast selections and cook fresh eggs for the breakfast selections, not egg patties. Scone was good but it was a mini scone, not much to it.
One order of scones should include two scones if they are always that size.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendys404
Ontario,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and we would certainly stay here again.
We were on the upper floor, which appeared to be newly renovated.
The room was very clean and had everything you would need.
Nice toiletries, towels etc..comfy beds.
The room service breakfast was the Best!!!
Every morning Sue would show up with a big smile and a tray of freshly baked goodies ...still warm from the oven YUMMY!!
The staff were so helpful and friendly... Thanks to all.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alanalou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Augustine Beach
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach...
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach
#5 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,224 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#4 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District

Been to La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!