“3 day stay”

La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
Cleveland, Ohio
“3 day stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wife&I enjoyed the 2 min. walk to the beach.All the staff were great rooms were updated&comfortable.pool was clean large relaxing&private.continetal breakfast made fresh each day and brought to room was a nice touch.we plan on coming back.barb&ken cleveland oh.

Room Tip: First floor easy access
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed solo for one week at La Fiesta in the Townhouse Suite. I enjoyed the upstairs balcony with garden view and seaview out to the left and to the right. It's a partial ocean view as there is a residence in front of the La Fiesta building, but the view was still lovely.

The close location to the ocean is beautiful and the grounds are especially lovely and kept up very well. I wanted quiet and my room and balcony was usually pretty tranquil. The upstairs room has a gas fire which I used on cold nights and the occasional rainy day. (The weather in late-Feb. was pretty up and down, ranging from almost 80 down to the 50s.) The pool is nice, but was not heated to the extent I would have liked.

I'm a novelist and like to have breakfast in my room so the basket breakfast was perfect. However, I strongly suggest they offer some, or at least, one, healthy choice, such as a whole-grain roll or oatmeal. The continental choices are scones, muffins and the like, or an egg patty thing with sausage. I don't eat any of this stuff, or try not to, so wished there were more choices.

The room could use a new rug, as the one in the suites is old and rather ugly. I had some drama with the laundry machines. Some weirdo put his wash in with mine! Yuck. And I found myself missing some items. Skip doing your laundry.

All in all, a good stay, though, and I would recommend La Fiesta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sands712
Lynbroo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at La Fiesta. The room was small but clean. It has a fridge
coffee maker and microwave. The continental breakfast delivered to your room was a nice touch.
The hotel has beach access, but you can't see the ocean from the resort. All in all I would recommend the motel, with its short drive to historic St Augustine and access to the beach.
I just want to mention the "resort fee" about 10$ per day. I really don't know what that was for. They should just add it to the price of the room

3 Thank Janet C
Versailles, Ky
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I came for our first visit to the area for the week-end. Our room was ocean front (room 119) and could not have been nicer. The breakfast was good,(Scones were very good) and the walk on the beach was so relaxing! Then we took a trolley tour in to old St. Augustine, and had lunch at Scarlett O'harra's while listerning to live music! I wish we could stay longer, the hotel and all our experience has been wonderful. Very good week-end expericence! I would stay here again, and make sure to make my stay longer and see more of the old town.

Room Tip: rooms in the beachfront are preferred, but any of the rooms here are very nice, the grounds are well...
1 Thank kimrgraves
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in room 12, which is the sister part of the hotel for the Oceanfront B&B. I will say that the set up of the room is nice, and the check in process was great. The room has nice tiled floors, a fireplace and a nice patio in the back of the room. But that was it with the positives. We had breakfast brought to our room the first morning and it was terrible. The waffle was rock hard as was the bagel. The walls of the room are paper thin and when anyone in another room flushed the toilet, it literally sounded like Niagra Falls in the middle of the walls. At 5am, maintainence started working on whatever and banging/dropping stuff and that woke us up. I wrote a review for the breakfast and housekeeping took it, so it is unknown if it ever made it to management. The second morning, we skipped the free included breakfast that was part of our package, and opted to go to the Oasis Restaurant down the street. We will not be back!

3 Thank Tenn0673
Rich810, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We apologize for any noise during your stay at La Fiesta. If you will please contact me directly I can arrange a return visit as we are known as a quiet and peaceful Inn. Garden view # 12 is in our Suites building which opened in 2000 and is solid concrete and in 12 years of ownership I have never had a noise comment but I will investigate as I will your breakfast.

Our breakfast is known throughout the US and Canada as a feature not to miss when traveling in our area and guests rave about our food. I am on the property every day and could have taken care of this right away. Give me a Call please. Rich O'Brien, 904-471-2220
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The most Friendly, clean and affordable place on the beach. Hot fresh scones delivered right to your door in the morning...and they are to die for! As a local, when I need to stay somewhere, this is where I will come every single time. Absolutely would recommend!

• Stayed February 2013
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wanted to stay somewhere "on the beach" and boy did we luck out with this choice! We were in a downstairs ocean view room that had a lovely garden view outside our patio doors and the beach beyond that. The room was clean and with all the amenities. We were delighted with the breakfast that was delivered at the time we had specified. The walk to the beach was delightful and we had a wonderful stay. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple