“Need fresh popcorn”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Need fresh popcorn”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was walking down St. George St. when I saw the Gourmet Popcorn store. I went in wanting only some basic popcorn. Got a small bag of popcorn. I think they called it movie popcorn. It was $6 for a small plastic bag they called medium. It tasted stale had very little flavor. What is sold at Target is much better and doesn't cost $6. I will not stop there again. I don't usually give bad reviews but this popcorn deserves one.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Madison02

Tampa, Florida
“Paradise for popcorn's lover”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We liked all the different flavors and that we were allowed to sample so many of them. Unfortunately I am not much of a popcorn lover. If you like popcorn and are in the area give them a try. So many flavors to choose from.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great popcorn”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place, they let you sample anything you want and the flavor choices are amazing. So glad u came to st George st.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mighty12
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Popcorn Lover's Paradise”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

While strolling through St.Augustine one night, my husband and I happened upon Gerald's. A nice lady was outside handing out samples, so I decided to try the salted caramel flavored kind. Hubby got the Oreo cheesecake flavored one. Holy crap! They were delish! Of course we. Had. To go in at that point!
The staff was courteous and very helpful. We were amazed at the amount if flavors. They let you sample as many as you need to to find the right flavor...and the flavors are vibrant! They are not just "hints of a flavor". If you ask for Loaded Baked Potato, by God, you're getting a loaded baked potato in a bite size piece of popcorn!
They break their prices up into Categories...which is why this is only four stars
Cheese/kettle corn, nut/candy & chocolate. Cheese/kettle being the cheapest...chocolate can get pretty pricey.
Being that they only opened a month ago, I am sure they have a couple kinks to still work through. This place deserves to thrive! Give 'em a try!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stacy H
“Popcorn Lovers Rejoice!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped at Gerald's after being offered a free sample outside. We spent quite a lot of time in there trying to figure out what flavors to test and to buy. They were very gracious and allowed us to test every flavor we wanted. I couldn't make up my mind because they were really all very good. I am definitely a popcorn lover and the more buttery or cheesy, the better!!! Every one that I tested was very good. I wound up buying the "special" - buy 2 mediums and get the third free. I also bought 3 "warm" small bags to go. It was a bit pricey - I spent over $30 for popcorn!!! But we enjoyed seeing and tasting all the different flavors. I would recommend giving them a try, if you can afford it.

• Visited July 2013