“Shrimp and grits extraordinaire!”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: In business since 1990, we're located #SomewhereOnA1A across from the beach! We have several seating areas for laid back dining. Whether you're interested in dining indoors, outdoors in the beautiful open air on our first floor deck, first floor patio Or something even more laid back up on the second story deck, we can accommodate you! Also, our second story deck is wheelchair accessible! We're proud to be able to say that ours is an award winning menu with the best food on the beach!
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm a northern girl and had never tried shrimp and grits. When the reviews said that Sunset Grille's shrimp and grits are award winning, I decided it was time to give them a try. Oh my! This was one of the most delicious meals I have ever had! The plate was loaded with plump shrimp in the most delicious sauce of tomato and bacon topped with three rolls of crunchy cheese grits. My husband got tired of hearing me say how good it was with every bite! I may never order shrimp and grits anywhere else for fear that it would be a disappointment after this meal. I highly recommend this meal and Sunset Grille. My husband had lobster ravioli and said that it was also delicious.

1  Thank 53lynnw
SunsetGrilleA1A, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We're happy to know you enjoyed our riff on Shrimp n' Grits so much! We're very proud of our version of the southern staple and it is a pretty popular item for us, as is our Lobster Ravioli. We hope you'll come back in to see us should you visit our area again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,925)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Sunset Grille was located literally right down the road from our hotel at Castillo Real Resort Hotel. During our entire trip we ate in the downtown area, but we decided to eat here our last night. We definitely saved the best for last! Every night we passed this place the parking lot was full. When we walked inside it was packed and the wait for a table was about 35 minutes. We went to the bar to get some drinks. I had the Sunset Lemonade (4 orange vodka, cranberry & lemonade) and my fiance had the Patron margarita. They were both pretty good but I would recommend the margarita, it was excellent. It was still really crowded when we finished our drinks so we decided to go to our hotel to freshen up and come back. When we came back it was about 8 p.m. and there was no wait. We were sat at a booth and we had wonderful service. We ordered the Three Cheese & Crab Fondue appetizer. It was 14.99 which seems pretty pricey just for an appetizer but it is totally worth it. It had an amazing flavor and it has a bunch of crap in it, (they do not short you). We ordered the Sunset Grouper, blackened. It comes topped with a creamy shrimp and crab sauce which is delicious! It comes with two sides.. we chose the loaded potato and the grit cake. If you order a loaded potato I suggest to order it without cheese (or ask for shredded cheese), because they put the fondue cheese on there it gives it a chalky taste. That was the first grit cake we had ever tried and it was pretty good; if you enjoy grits you would like it. The grouper was SUPER FRESH, you could tell it came right off the boat. It was absolutely wonderful. My fiance and I both ate way too much and left full and happy. We had a wonderful experience and I highly recommend eating here.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We're happy to know you enjoyed our Crab Fondue! It's a popular appetizer item on our dinner menu. We're glad you enjoyed your dinner as well and hope you'll come back in to see us should you visit our area again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

When in St. Augustine, we eat at the Sunset Grille everyday. The clam chowder is the best south of Boston.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're always happy to know when our guests have enjoyed their experience and that we've earned your return visit! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited recently and the food was great. The clam chowder is the best we have ever had! We really enjoyed everything that we tried. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We're always happy to know our visitors have enjoyed their time with us and hope you'll come back in to see us again if you visit our area again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place has a great beer selection. When I asked the waitress what was available on tap, she remembered a few of the names of the breweries but not whether each one was a lager, an IPA, a wheat, etc. She first said she just got back from a vacation and didn't know what was on tap when she got back, but then admitted haplessly that "I'm not a beer person." I bit my tongue and didn't say, "Are you a waitress person?" Finally, I walked up to the bar to look but the taps are blocked by patrons and some are far behind the bar. I found one that I liked but I had no idea what the complete selection was. Perhaps the managers should write them down and give the servers a list instead of this farce that servers can remember so much off the top of their head.
We were also disappointed that the tables on the open roof were not used at all, despite a wait for a tables inside and the beautiful weather. Apparently, the roof is only open for sunset. What a waste.
The food was fine, but I don't plan to return unless the rooftop is open.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have contacted the reviewer for further information in order to address the service issue. Our 2nd floor deck is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights weather permitting. Of late, our weather has been chilly here so we have not had the 2nd floor deck available for seating. We do hope you'll come back in to see us and allow us to exceed your expectations.