“Poor service, poor taco.”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In business since 1990, we're located #SomewhereOnA1A across from the beach! We have several seating areas for laid back dining. Whether you're interested in dining indoors, outdoors in the beautiful open air on our first floor deck, first floor patio (which is dog friendly!)Or something even more laid back up on the second story deck, we can accommodate you! Also, our second story deck is wheelchair accessible! We're proud to be able to say that ours is an award winning menu with the best food on the beach!
Michigan
“Poor service, poor taco.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I visited solo mid afternoon so not their busiest time of day. Gave my drink order with my entree order immediately to waitress. Another staffer brought my fish taco's in a timely matter but no drink. I asked that person to bring me some water please but didn't see him again. Waitress did not check that I even got anything. Finally the manager saw me trying to get someone's eye and inquired if she could help, she thankfully brought me a beverage. The fish on the fish taco covered approximately 1/3 of the taco.
On the plus side: the homemade peanut butter pie was excellent.
Paying the bill was again, a forever process. Finally I just left it with another employee since mine was no where to be found.

• Visited December 2013
SunsetGrilleA1A, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Grille, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We have attempted to contact this reviewer. Our goal in contacting reviewers is to obtain further information so that we can not only acknowledge the review, but address any issues immediately. Thank you.

• Polish first
Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
“good time”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

clean, fun, open air seating. great happy hour and the roasted oysters were fantastic. we ate lunch here the next day and had a fantastic Grouper .

Visited December 2013
SunsetGrilleA1A, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Grille, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're glad to know you enjoyed your dinner experience so much you came back in to see us for lunch! We hope you'll come back to see us if you're in the area again.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good fish dishes and drinks, but smoke can be a problem”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant is just across the street from the Hampton Inn and next door to the Hilton Garden Inn, so it is incredibly convenient. The food is well prepared. My only complaint is that at dinner time a lot of folks smoke just outside the restaurant, and seating near the front, wit open windows, is a problem.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Steve K
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your input regarding seating and we will address comment. We hope if you visit the area again that you'll come back in to see us.
Kalkaska, Michigan
“Great location & food”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place was a little loud for us old folks, but we had a great server and excellent food. Opted not to sit on the deck but will definitely go back.

Visited October 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your comments and hope you'll be back in to see us again should you visit our area again.
warne, nc
“Food was great!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Every time I have eaten here, the food and service has been wonderful. I gave it 4 stars for I believe that the meals are overpriced. I am a bit biased for I grew up in St. Aug and remember when the 'Grille' was nothing but an bar with wood shutters and the restaurant area was very small. I used to sit outside at a picnic table for hours and have beer and fries and read a book and it cost about $6.00. Prices are a bit 'touristy' these days.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We read and assess all comments that are posted, so your input is appreciated. We're glad to have earned your business over the years and hope you'll be back to see us again soon.