“Why in the Lounge”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In business since 1990, we're located #SomewhereOnA1A across from the beach! We have several seating areas for laid back dining. Whether you're interested in dining indoors, outdoors in the beautiful open air on our first floor deck, first floor patio Or something even more laid back up on the second story deck, we can accommodate you! Also, our second story deck is wheelchair accessible! We're proud to be able to say that ours is an award winning menu with the best food on the beach!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a wonderful place to eat. Its across the street from the beach, the food is very good and reasonably priced. There are items on the menu marked "award winning"; can't verify the award but these are excellent. There is abundant space for family dining. Two dining rooms, outdoor front porch, outdoor side porch and upstairs. And, there is a room marked lounge with a nice bar tables around the perimeter. Now if its a lounge, if it contains a bar, if it has separate doors, if you have all of that other space for family dining, why in the world do you let children into the lounge. Why not give us adults a space for escape from all of those families with children's. An adult lounge/dining room. Is it such a novel concept?

SunsetGrilleA1A, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time for posting your review! We're happy you were satisfied with your visit. Lounge seating is first come first serve and the chosen by the guest. We will, however, consider your suggestion. We hope to see you back again!

There are newer reviews for Sunset Grille

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I absolutely LOVE their fish tacos. I get the same thing every time I go. They are only available at lunch however. One time I ordered them for dinner and they still made them for me (which speaks on their awesome staff). Great place to grab a beer and an app after beach/surf day (: I always suggest the Sunset Grille!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We're happy to know that you love the taco's! When we can accommodate a request, we always will! We do love our locals!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Clam Chowder Fries!!! Who ever came up with this idea hats off to you. It was a chilly night in April and no one was very hungry so we went for the soup and dessert. My husband got the Clam Chowder fries which I think I ate half of. A bowl of Fries smoothered in Clam Chowder. Em they were GOOOOOD. Not to excited about the conch stew I ordered, it was a little salty for me. We were looking forward to a peace of Key Lime pie but they were out so Peanut butter it was. If you like it rich this ones for you.

Thank you for taking time to post your review! Our Chowder Fries is a new addition to our menu this year and it has become a favorite! We hope you'll come back to see us if you visit the area again!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Came on a Saturday night & it was packed. Orderd the fish & grits, was awesomeness. Cant wait to try somethingelse on my next vistit. You wont be disappointed by the yums from my friends....

Thank you for your review! We're happy you enjoyed your visit with us. Our Shrimp & Grits entree is a very popular choice amongst our visitors! Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a cute eatery located right on the beach - we sat outside although it was a little windy and cold. We watched surfers, etc. Food was decent! I had an excellent Strawberry Spinach Salad, the dressing was one of the best I've ever had. Sweet but not too sweet, and it had a little bit of a bite. My daughter had the clams in wine sauce, she loved every bit of them! She also got fries and said they were really good. I may have taken one or two of them, and agreed. The waitress made her a virgin bloody mary, and it too was excellent!

Great place to relax and enjoy the scenery, food and a drink. We will put this on our list when we return to St. Augustine.