“FANTASTIC BEACH RESTAURANT”

La Cocina International Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cocina International Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Blvd
Description: La Cocina International Restaurant offers intimate Fine Dining with a Latin Flair in a Casual Atmosphere
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Housed within the elegant Castillo Real Hotel, this restaurant always has wonderful dishes that never disappoint. I especially like their stuffed artichoke with crab meat, etc. It's delightful and different and utterly succulent as is everything on the menu! I highly recommend this fine place to eat and enjoy the ambiance.

2  Thank Virginia L

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Ate at this restaurant twice (breakfast & dinner) while staying at the hotel and both times the food quality was fantastic. The quality of the food and the preparation is on par with the best of the best.

2  Thank Saba_9
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Incredible dinner. Seafood crepes for appetizer were declicious- stuffed with tons of crawfish, big shrimp- big portion but also melts in your mouth. Their special was red snapper with lobster ravioli on the side. The portion of lobster ravioli was bigger than most places have as an entree and it was the best lobster ravioli I think I have ever had- you could see the ravioli stuffed with lobster. The red snapper was very good quality and I was thrilled to hear red snapper when they told me the special- not yellowtail or other cheaper versions. They recommended Creme Brulee for dessert and I have had this in tons of places including France. I must say it was prepared very well and maybe the best I have ever tasted. Good wine list. Service was good- not necessarily extraordinary but very attentive and professional. Overall the food quality was outstanding and the portion sizes were quite good. Not only the best restaurant in St. Augustine but among the top few anywhere I have been to and as shown by my reviews I have eaten in top restaurants all around the world. Sure it is more expensive than most restaurants, but if you are wanting to splurge or for a special occasion it is well worth it. 95 Cordova is also a very good restaurant and the dining room is quite nice, but their food quality is not quite as good(actually not even close in quality), it is even a bit pricier on average, and their portion sizes are much smaller.

3  Thank AustrianGruner
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I have never heard of this place and I've been coming to St. Augustine forever. I accidentally stumbled upon it browsing TA and while I could not imagine a fine dining restaurant being located in a local hotel on the beach being great I was convinced pretty quickly this place was worthy of its review!

I had the NY Strip and my wife the Wahoo special. An affordably priced Chilean Cabernet accompanied dinner. It was all fantastic. Service was stellar. When it cones to fine dining on the beach there isn't much but this is too notch.

2  Thank cwbunger32
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Keep in mind this restaurant is in a hotel so you lose some of the St. Aug beach feel you get from other places. The egg sandwich, French toast, and breakfast burrito were all really good. The pancakes we're ok, but they were a little tough in my opinion. We'd go back, but Wlidflower Cafe is still our #1 for breakfast in St. Augustine.