Ocean Grove RV Resort
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
$169
$144
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
$139
GardenInn.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$115
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$65
Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
  • Pool
$152
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$134
$117
The Beach Club at St Augustine(Saint Augustine Beach)
All reviewsnice campgroundtravel trailerboat rampsecond homegreat rv parkfamilies with small kidsfire pitlaundry roomst augustinewater pressurefishing pierenjoyed our stayhot tubbathhouseshowerpoolinternet
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The folks running the check in desk were very nice. However, I was less than pleased with this campground. It has a pool (too cold, damp & rainy while we were there), a shuffleboard court, some horse shoes, a pavilion with picnic tables, a fishing dock (with benches - made for nice sunset viewing) as well as a ramp to unload small watercraft. There is a 'rec room' where we only ever found folks playing cards. Most of the daily activities listed were of no interest to us (seniors, myself and my 10 yr old daughter).

The spaces available for RVs (in between all the 'park model' homes) are very tight. Which probably explains why you are prohibited from having open fires (no campfires?!?!?) on your site. We were between a 'park model' home and another RV site. There are fences between each site. So, with the car of the park model home owner parked, then the fence, then my Jeep Commander, then my parent's Ford Excursion (then fence, then next RV site), it was difficult at times to get in or out of the vehicles depending on how far you pulled in.

The restroom/shower was acceptable. The water pressure as well as the shower heads could have been better.

The paved roads made for smooth bike riding and everyone there in cars were aware and made room.

We had no plans for the beach this trip, but beware, it is not across the street. You will need to drive.

Our main reason for staying here was that we were visiting historic St. Augustine (all campgrounds closer were sold out). It is just a 15 min drive to the visitor center (and parking garage). So that was a plus.

There are a few grocery stores close by, lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Not your typical camping experience. If you need some room to move, try to get a space where no reservations have been made next to it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank believeangls
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Ocean Grove. It is an extremely well run campground and a perfect place to relax, unwind and a great base for further exploration. Set among trees it has its own fishing pier where you can fish or watch the fabulous sunsets. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful with someone available 24/7. We plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Phil R
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This park is located of A1A. We go to this park numerous times throughout the year and find it well maintained and the people that camp there are usually friendly as well as the residents. There are park models located there you can rent and some people own lots.

The staff/owners could be friendlier but I don't go there for them, I go for the beauty of St Augustine and all it has to offer.

Technically the beach is within walking distance but one may find it difficult hiking over there with beach chairs, etc...There are places you can park and dogs ARE allowed on the beaches there :))

The owners just put in a wonderful dock on the intercostal you can fish off of. The sunsets there are unbelievable!! The dock is a great place to fish or have a glass of wine at the end of the night.

Are the facilities modern? Not really, but they are clean and well maintained. There are some shady lots there and a lot are in the sun..some have pads and a lot don't.

There are great restaurants near (walking distance) world famous oasis restaurant and Hurricanes grill..

The park has a nice pool as well. I would recommend this park to anyone. Its not perfectm but I like it enough to go several times a year and you cannot beat the location. Bring a bike and you can bike across A1A to the beach!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lynn p
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband I and my sister and her husband spent July 4 2013 weekend in Saint Augustine. When I made the reservations, I was told that we were only about 500 feet for the ocean. All we needed to do is walk across the street. This is not the case. You actuall have to drive. You don't even see the ocean from the RV park. They offered cable hookup but our space the cable did not work and neither did the space next to us. Also, every time we came back to the site, the power must have tripped because I had to reset everything when we returned. Also, our space was supplied with a 30 amp outlet on a 20 amp breakers. We had to us an adapted, which we had onboard, an plug into their 50 amp to a 30 amp adapted. They offer gated spaces with a guard shack but instead of them controlling the gate, you had to enter the code everytime. The office staff was not very friendly either. I agree with other ratings that this is an mobile home park with rv's thrown in. Also, my sister and her husband went to the pool and for an RV that holds 199 spots, the pool can only hold 20 people at one time in the pool, per the sign she said was posted. Also, they offered a kiddie pool but the parents had the kids in the adult pool which prevent adults from using due to the limit restrictions. I normally don't make comments about camp sites but this one is very miss leading. The only good thing I can say is our camp site was on an end site which gave up more room and not facing any other campers. Best of luck if you stay at Ocean Grove.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank cwwbyray
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ocean Grove calls itself an RV Resort, but it's actually over half trailer park, with some RV's mixed in. It's not shaded, the staff is not friendly, and the entire facility is just a glorified trailer park with a pool in the front. I think they have a lot of nerve calling themselves a "resort." The whole place is run-down looking. The beach is across a 4-lane highway (A1A),almost 1/4 mile, not within walking distance.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family