“A Review”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Augustine Beach
The Beach Club at St Augustine
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have a timeshare here and were going to get rid of it, but staying here made us change our minds. we loved it. Our room was perfect, view great. etc. We travel all over the world and have stayed in 5 star with little difference.It is not fancy but is very nice and super clean. I will not have anything to do with RCI , as is true of many of our traveling friends.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CPMCFlorida, Manager at The Beach Club at St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are thrilled that you plan to keep your ownership with us! While RCI does provide vacation options and flexibility, many of our owners find that they prefer to just stay with us every year. We love to have our owners and guests return year after year; it's like having a visit from old friends!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The beach is wide and clean. From our unit on the second floor the view was greatly restricted by a tree. The location of The Beach Club is just a few minutes from one of the best cities to visit in Florida: St. Augustine. But I can't imagine how The Beach Club rates an award of any kind from RCI.

Our one bedroom unit was nice, but very small. There is a fold-out dining room table with fold-up chairs, but if you use it there is no room left in the living room. We didn't use it. The bathroom is tiny. The shower was more like a weak spray. The bathroom exhaust blew cold air. The AC in the bedroom rattled. No bathroom amenities were provided except very cheap bars of soap, and when we used one up taking only two showers and asked for more, the staffer, I think of as "the soap lady," seemed to be extremely put out that we bothered her. At first she said only housekeeping kept the soap. When reminded that we were told at check-in that the front desk would help us with anything we needed, she reluctantly agreed to get us some more soap. She scowled and muttering something under her breath as she got us another bar.

On the third day our carafe on the coffee maker broke. We asked for another that morning about nine. Nothing. At six that evening we asked again. We were told by a pleasant younger staff member to come to the desk and get one. I really thought they would simply have maintenance replace the unit. When we got the carafe, it didn't fit the coffee maker. We complained. Nothing. I used it to get coffee the next morning in the lobby. The next day my wife went to the desk and they finally gave us a different unit.

Several members of the staff were very pleasant. Several seemed to not care if we were there or not. And one, the "soap lady," seemed angry every time we saw her. If you wonder why we didn't report the noise in the bedroom AC, she, and the coffee maker thing, are the reasons.

The pool area is very nice. The beach is great. And I really wish our experience would allow a better review. But in comparison with many other properties we've enjoyed over the years, I'm being kind when I say The Beach Club condos are very average. And the several pleasant people on staff while we were there hardly balanced the "soap lady"...but then she could have been having a few terrible days. We decided to leave early.

Room Tip: On the first floor you won't see the ocean, only the pool. I would suggest you try to stay on th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PGinNC
CPMCFlorida, Manager at The Beach Club at St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. At approximately 700sf, our one-bedroom units do not really have enough space for a separate dining room so we utilize the drop leaf table and folding chairs to maximize living space. We also strive to maximize conservation by utilizing low flow toilets, an energy management system and low flow faucets and showers. However, the shower heads should provide an ample spray, so that is something we will look into. Like many timeshare resorts, we have contracted cleaners who provide an initial supply of guestroom items that we do not keep in stock. However, we strongly encourage our guests to ask for anything they may need and if we have it, it is theirs. I apologize for your requests not being handled appropriately. Your comments will be shared with our staff so that we can do better next time. St. Augustine and our beaches are indeed wonderful and I trust that you will visit our area again and hope that you will give us another chance to impress you. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am the owner of a time share with the Beach Club and always spend Spring Break there. I used to be a member of RCI and exchange my week with various places up and down the Gulf Coast of Florida for a nice change. After the Red Tide came in on me the second time, I decided to stay at my own Time Share in St. Augustine Beach on the East Coast. If you have ever been around the effects of Red Tide, you will understand. The Beach Club staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It begins on Monday morning with a complimentary breakfast with the staff telling us about all the activities going on..... It has a great location on the beach---beautiful pure-white sand to walk on--all the amenities for a well-stocked kitchen---grills all around the resort for the best burgers and steaks a novice griller like myself can fix.... During my week, the hot tub developed some problems and was out of commission. That was the only bummer. But I bet it is fixed now for the next week of vacationers! Well, I just got back, and even though the weather was chilly, I thoroughly enjoyed the sunny days every day. Total rest and relaxation. Already looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: You can have pool and ocean view or ocean view only...depending on what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pepmiller
CPMCFlorida, Public Relations Manager at The Beach Club at St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write us a review and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We're so sorry about our hot tub issues while you were here and would like to thank you for being understanding. We try our best to keep spare parts on hand in case of an emergency, unfortunately this one required an outside repair man to come in and fix. Since then it has been repaired and hopefully will be up and running perfectly the next time you visit us!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I are part owners of a time share here. When not using the week we can go for day use of the facilities. I don't think I've ever seen a pool as clean as they keep this one. The Beach Club is simple, but in a good way. It is a nice piece of relaxation!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
CPMCFlorida, Public Relations Manager at The Beach Club at St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for the compliment! We're glad to hear you always enjoy your time with us at The Beach Club. We're sure we'll see you soon for Day Use!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Another wonderful stay at The Beach Club! The Location is within an easy drive to The Old City and all that it has to offers. Resort faces out to the ocean and for the avid sun worshiper the walkway to the beach is just out the gate. For those who prefer a pool, it is also just outside along with the heated Jacuzzi. Peaceful, well maintained property, clean well equipped units. If there is something that you need...you just have to ask! Enough can not be said about the staff. Courteous, smiling, helpful and try to make your stay a pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: No bad room!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nenasally
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Resort in January of this year,we have stayed at the resort 3 other times and have found it to be top notch we will continue to go back, hopefully a lot more.whats not to like the location the people and of cource St. Augustine its self.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I usually go to Florida on a yearly basis and we have stayed in most of the cities (ex: Fort Lauderdale; Daytona; Miami, Fort Myers; Naples; Orlando; St Pete) but this was our first time in St. Augustine and The Beach Club at St Augustine made it a memorable visit. We stayed here February 10 - 17, 2013.

The property:
1. Very clean
2.Rooms- we stay in a one bedroom and found it to be clean; carpet was not dirty and worn like you see in many properties that have been opened for many years. Bed was comfortable and the kitchen had everything you needed to cook. Best equipped kitchen I've seen in my 30+ years of vacation travel.

The staff:
1. I can't say enough about the helpful courteous staff. Barbarann, Michele, Emily, Rhonda, and Kathy gave me tips on place to eat and coupons for attractions. The staff made me and my wife feel at home and I hope I did not leave anyone out because there was so many people that spoke to us and assisted us during our visit.
2. We had a broken vacuum cleaner in our room but once we reported it, a newer vacuum was delivered within an hour.

Location, location, location.....
1. Within steps of one of the cleanest beaches in Florida
2. Place to eat are close by, all types of cuisine and all price ranges
3. Drug and grocery stores with blocks of the property
4. Most attractions are within a few miles. Ripley's Red Train is a must do; a great way to see Old St. Augustine in less that two hours and it is unlimited use for three days at a good price and they will pick you up at the Beach Club.

My goal is to get to vacation in every notable city in Florida and I have several I want to get to but The Beach Club at St Augustine has thrown a wrench into that plan. I had such a good experience that I must make The Beach Club at St Augustine a regular stop!

Room Tip: Corner room have more privacy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple