“Don't Be Fooled! Great Food!”

Cheese Wheel & Sandwich Board
Ranked #349 of 580 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Don't Be Fooled! Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This place doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside is charming, and the food is great. My sister had a chef salad and was impressed by the freshness and taste of the cold cuts and cheeses. I had an egg salad ryder. The egg salad was great, and the sandwich was loaded without being sloppy. We also shared an order of the fried cheese cubes which were absolutely wonderful. Our waitress was prompt, friendly, and attentive. It looks like a lot of locals eat here, and that's always a good sign. This place isn't fancy or pretentious, but the food is tasty. It's worth a trip out.

Visited April 2014

St. Augustine, Florida
“best sandwiches in st aug”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

cheese wheel runs weekly specials, but their tuna ryder is the best, loaded with tuna and lettuce it will fill you up. Cheese wheel will be closing down in july so get them while u can.

• Visited March 2014
“Ahhhhmazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

So delicious, we ate here twice! Says a lot for a city with no shortage of good restaurants. Was sad to hear that they are closing for good in July 2014. :(

• Visited February 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
“Ahh-Mazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've heard about this place many times and how great the sandwiches are. I work right around the corner from there and my boss and I decided we'd give it a try. It was awesome. Don't let the poorly lit restaurant scare you away. It's a little hole in the wall place but you cant compare food! And the prices are cheap! We called an order in for pick up and was shocked when the lady said it'd be ready in 5 minutes. Walked right over, and to my surprise it was ready. I had the Italian sub and my boss had the New Yorker. We were both very impressed and have found our new lunch spot!

• Visited January 2014
Hartford, Alabama
“Awesome hole in the wall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews and had to try it out. Absolutely loved it. Just a warning its cash only but service is wonderful. They have homemade soups and the sandwiches where lovely. I was so tired of greasy food and this place hit the spot. We are coming back every time we visit St Augustine.