“Great find and can't wait to return”
Review of The Press

The Press
Ranked #9 of 652 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Description: The Press is a small locally owned gastropub featuring a great selection of Craft Beer and Wine, with a talented Chef that pushes the edge with fresh baked bread and desserts as well as a great salad, Sandwich and Appetizer offering, try the Gingered Calamari and White Chocolate Bread Pudding!
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Great little spot with a fun fresh menu and a killer beer menu to boot. Our server was very accommodating to our party of 6, which included 3 little girls, and did a wonderful job. True hospitality! My wife enjoyed the amazing bread pudding for her birthday and we all agreed (even the little ones) that the food was top notch. Thanks!

Date of visit: June 2018
Kevin B, Owner at The Press, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank yo so much Zack we really appreciate your review and so glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us! Cheers!

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I drive by this place every day, but have never thought of going in due to its location in a strip mall. Boy, I'm glad we finally did! We ordered take out, and service was very quick. My husband got the conquistador burger and sweet potato fries, and I got the grilled vegetable salad and a side of french fries. The burger was delicious, and the beef was juicy! He said he might build his own burger next time because there was so much on it! My salad was good, although it was mostly grilled vegetables and very little lettuce. In addition, the vegetables were very warm and wilted the romaine underneath...I think I would have experienced the same thing if we ate at there However, the veggies were cooked well and had a good flavor. My fries were super hot, fresh, and delicious, but not seasoned or salted. Overall it was very good food! We'll be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018

first of all the chef mad his team do just about everything from scratch, and the buns he makes in house are a symbol of pride! the place is affordable and filled with plenty of solid menu choices that make each decision harder harder...you will want to try everything. most importantly try the insanely delicious bread pudding!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Came in town for a day and wanted to try a non-chain restaurant as I do everywhere I go. Press was highly rated so I ordered to-go. I ordered the “Conquistador” burger, Steak flatbread and “Black and blue burger”. I’m giving a 3 rating as a grade on a curve due to me choosing to order Togo and not eat in where the plating helps otherwise would be a 2. I ordered my burgers Well done and they were Medium at best. The conquistador, which was an award winning burger was two mangled patties with some stuffing so it really wasn’t composed as a stuffed burger when you picked it up it crumbled. Nothing worse than a cream cheese pepper filing on a medium temperature burger. I tasted everything since I paid $51.00 for the food and the flavor was fairly good but execution was horrible. The black and blue suffered from the same poor execution. Since the black and blue had a buffalo blue cheese, hey should put it on the side vs on the burger per it soaked the bottom bun in the container. Again, ordered well and received medium.

The pizza had good flavor but the steak tasted of lower quality and had a strange texture. I pretty much threw everything away. I’m not a fan of taking food back to recooked due to the possibility of an issue with food “care” which is just a personal thought. They may have good food but undercooking a burger when it’s almost impossible to mess up “Well” blows my mind.

2  Thank Chris B
Kevin B, Owner at The Press, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Chris, my name is Kevin and I am the owner, my sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations.I realize you were only in town for a day, and I know that there is only one chance for a first impression and we missed the mark. I would really like the opportunity to make it up to you, if you ever visit again please contact me at the restaurant and I would be happy to replace your meal and ensure proper preparation. I wish I was made aware yesterday so I could have corrected the issue. Everything in our restaurant is made from scratch including our bread and desserts and we only use the highest quality ingredients but if they arent prepared right it won't matter. Again my sincerest apologies for your experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

This place has come a long way since they first opened! The strawberry Margarita was fantastic we shared the conquistador burger which was extremely good and we had a Greek salad which was great also. We will definitely return because I have lots of things I want to try. Friendly service and great prices!!

Kevin B, Owner at The Press, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate you and all of our patrons, without you we wouldn't exist.