“better than expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Atlanta
“better than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

Previous reviews were a bit ominous, but my son and I found this to be a pretty satisfactory motel for a 1 night stay. The beds were clean and comfortable, the shower was fine, and the TV was adequate. While not an upscale Holiday Inn Express property, this was no huge disappointment either. The continental breakfast was acceptable, and the staff friendly. This is a ok place for a 1 or 2 night stay if passing through St. Augustine!

• Liked — Basic, clean room with what I need
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rjacka3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
DARTMOUTH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2007

Recently I satyed at the Hoilday Inn Express next to the factory outlets in Saint Augustine. The Hotel was terrible . It smelled , The rooms were dirty , the walls had something smeared our it the beds had bed bugs it was the worst Holiday Inn I stayed in. The Pool was unsafe with cracks and the water was dirty. I have filed a compliemt with Holiday Inn but please be aware if traveling to this property.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank boldhalifaxNS
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2006

I was very surprised Holiday Inn Express would post their name on this building. This building, in no way, resembled the quality I have come to expect from Holiday Inn. The room was fairly clean.The sheets appeared clean, there was a newer carpet and I didn't notice any bugs in the room. However, overall, the room was dirty with dirt and dust on and around the door. The wallpaper border they stuck up to make the room look like a Holiday Inn was coming off in several locations and there were holes in the walls. I reserved a suite with a whirlpool and was shocked when I entered. It was a standard room with only one room. The whirlpool was located in the small toilet area. It looked as if they took out the standard tub and squeezed a whirlpool in. The bath fixtures were not replaced but rather had an "extension" to make it fit. I would absolutely advise to look for another Holiday Inn in the area.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2004

My husband and I went to St. Augustine for our honeymoon. We were very tired by the time we reached this hotel, and decided to give it a shot.
We were nervous when we seen it said "Express". But I have to say..what a weekend!! It was wonderful! The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful, the room was very clean and smelled great, and it was right in the middle of a bunch of resteraunts! Talk about convenience! I definitely recommend this hotel!

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member