“NOT WORTH YOUR $$$”

Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Miramar Beach, Florida
“NOT WORTH YOUR $$$”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Spent 4 days at this hotel & from the minute my family & I arrived-we were ready to change hotels. Our room spelled old, bathroom had a hole in the back of the door and wall, tub had a bath mat stains that looked like they were never ever cleaned. Sink was disgusting dirty. There was hair in the corners of the tub from the previous customer. There were no smoking signs posted everywhere, however, the chairs in our rooms had cigarette burns on them. As well as the duvet cover. The maid kept skipping over our rooms to clean them. We had to track her down to get our towels changed. When she did clean our room, she didn't even change out our bed sheets or make the bed properly. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, I would still recommend staying elsewhere. It's about a 30 minute walk to the Historic District & a round trip Taxi cab cost of $22 not including cab driver tip. I would not stay here again ever. The only positive was that they did offer a complimentary breakfast, which was minimal. However, all the negatives out-weighted the one positive. The staff in the front was extremely snappy upon arrival as well. There were maybe 2 hotel staff employees we came in contact with that were nice, but we still did not feel comfortable at all. This hotel needs COMPLETE Renovations and maids need to be taught how to properly clean a room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was traveling with my husband and two children to Miami. I wanted to stop overnight halfway and see St. Augustine and break up the drive. I chose a place that was inexpensive, had queen beds, close to 95 S, and had complimentary breakfast. This hotel met those requirements. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. There were more eye pleasing hotels in the area, but this hotel was fine. It was for a one night stop over...and you have to remember you get what you pay for. It definately met my expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at this property twice in the last few weeks for 4 and 2 nights. It was the cheapest in the Choice hotel particularly expensive vacation/beach/tourist area. It was in site of and convenient to I-95. It was centrally located to service stations, fast food, and other hotels. In my case, It was very close to several condo complexes off '16. ' The only very minor inconvenience is that you have to pass (there is no left turn) the hotel traveling east on 16 and make a very safe uturn a short distance further down .
The rooms were clean, quiet, and well-appointed except for the bathroom. However, the rooms are soon to be updated to include the bathrooms. There is a computer in the small, but nice waiting room adjacent to a small, but sufficient breakfast nook. The staff, to include the cleaning personnel, were friendly, competent, helpful, and very responsive to my concerns/requests.
Breakfast was modest, but comprehensive; there was the traditional fare from boiled eggs, waffles,cereal, and various pastries and coffees. For the southerners, there was even creamed chip beef and biscuits.
I will stay again when I return to the area; for someone on a budget, looking for a good deal, or don't want to be surprised by a mid-range hotel this is a win-win spot. I even found the condo complexes I had been researching close by on '16.'
I had some minor problems with some of the chain near-by while staying in the past, that I had none of with this property. If you are traveling nearby, then save some effort and stay at a very cost-effective hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FloridaNative1031
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was driving from Orlando to Laurens, SC when my car died on I-95 in St. Augustine. AAA towed my car to a garage and then brought my aunt and I to this hotel. We had checked in around 3:00 am and I explained my situation to the girl at the front desk because check out is a 11:00 and I wasn't sure if they would have my car fixed by then and I had no where else to go. She told me to keep her updated with everything and we would go from there. I had talked to the garage the next morning and they told me until they got the part they needed and put it in, it would be around 3:00 pm until it would be finished. I then went down to the front desk and talked to them about it, and they were very understanding and they told me that we could stay in our room until then with no extra charge. I was very gracious because this was an added expense I really didn't need, and other hotels could have just told me sorry but this is your problem. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. The staff is great, and the rooms are clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica A
Owerri, Imo, Nigeria
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I checked into the hotel on 5/10/12 and from the reception, i knew i was in the right hotel. The staff who received us, MS RACHEL, was very receptive and handled my reservation professionally. My family that i was with, were also impressed.
I stayed for 4 nights and the cleaning of the rooms were done in good time. I t is a place i would like to visit and stay in again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter because of less traffic and there is more privacy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I am very pleased with the quality inn. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I very pleased with the breakfast, a wide varity of breakfast and the waffles are awesome. The lobby has enough seating for at least 18 people and a nice reading area. The personel are very pleasant and will help anyway they can.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place met my expectations and I got a good night's sleep. It is on par for what one would expect from any Quality Inn in the chain. I stay in St. Augustine at least once a month and have tried many of the motels. IMO it's one of the best price vs comfort values in its category on SR16. By all means people, if you are expecting the Marriott, there is one across the street.

Looks like it was built circa early 90s, freshened up in the last 5 years with new paint/furnishings. Exterior corridors, micro/fridge/coffee in room, two floors, no elevator. TV was a tube-type, but had plenty of channels for me and they came in clear. I had a second floor room and it was clean, free from odor, and quiet - couldn't hear the highway or the neighbors flushing the toilet (both pluses for me). Air conditioner was standard on noise and was thermostat controlled (which I like over the old knob type). The best feature for me was that the drapes were really good - pretty much blackout, which I super appreciate. Wireless internet signal and speed were good. The breakfast was standard for a Quality Inn and was adequately stocked, though the seating was crowded. Staff was friendly and efficient.

This is not the place to bring your U-Haul or RV to though. The parking lot isn't designed for it and the exit from the parking lot is one of those right turn only jobs, so be prepared to flip a U-turn if you're headed back into town. Just FYI, it's about 10-15 minutes away from the historic district.

I booked direct from the motel's corporate site and my receipt was as quoted online, just room+tax. No BS hidden resort fees or anything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo