“Prepare for email bombardment”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Decent hotel, but expect 2-3 follow up emails per day asking you for a survey....that cancelled out my otherwise decent experience. It apparently is not enough to pay for services and call it a day...you are now obligated to 'help' them after the fact. I was a repeat customer at this location, but after this email harrassment, I will never stay there again....there are other locations close by.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Charles D,
Let me start by apologizing for the e-mails that you received upon departure. While these e-mails are generated directly from the Hilton corporate office and unfortunately out of control it doesn't make them any less annoying. There may have been a glitch in their system seeing as your received so many of the same kind. I will contact the corporate office and investigate this issue further. I apologize again, and hope that it will not tarnish the Hampton brand in your mind. We do appreciate you staying with us and I was glad to hear that the trip overall was enjoyable and a success.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Mold growing on the walls. Ice makers don't work. Side doors left unlocked at night. Not your typical Hampton. Staff had no information to share about area restaurants and attractions. Will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mike S,
I was so sorry to read your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I assure you that the experience you had is not typical of our Hampton and I will look into the dates of your visit to make sure the issues you mentioned are taken care of right away. I apologize again for your disappointment

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was fairly average for a Hampton Inn. It was clean and comfortable and had a good breakfast buffet, included in room rate. We were much happier with the quality of this hotel than with that of the Hampton Inn where we stayed in Jacksonville the previous night.
The free wireless worked well and everything seemed clean and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear C M,

Thank you for your recent review of our property! I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as the breakfast and hotel amenities. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next trip to St. Augustine.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Hampton was a great place to stay. Very clean, quiet, and had everything we needed for our brief stay. Would have been very happy to stay here longer, but needed to return to work. We will likely stay here again if we need to return to St. Augustine, FL

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property! We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and hopefully we'll see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very nice hotel. Did have a couple of minor glitches. The weight and exercise room is located on the second floor. And some of the guest would just drop the bar bells and it was very loud and it rattled our room, on our first evening and morning. But as soon as the staff was notified, they took care of the problem.

The outside pool and hot tube area was nice and well kept. But, it is located very close to a busy highway, and there are railroad tracks across the road. But remember, this is a down town hotel. And, the atmosphere was still very nice with palm trees and plants.

I enjoyed my walk to "Old Town" which is very close to the hotel. Then, I walked a little farther to Riley's believe it or not. Then, I continued to all of the shops and attractions. I would say the walk may be just a little more than a mile to the Old Fort and monument.
The rooms were clean, and the television was at least a 32 inch flat screen, with several local and satellite stations. One of the best selections for TV viewing I have ever enjoyed at a hotel.
The bathroom was clean and new. No blower fan, but the shower was awesome. And beds were very comfortable.
I found the FREE breakfast to be very good by hotel standards. They had something different every day.
I would have to say this is a very good place to stay and, Saint Augustine is a very beautiful historic city. It also has lots of shops music and night life.

Room Tip: The second floor hallway did have a slight oder. And, the weight room is located on the second floor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rick G,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and amenities. I will take your recommendations into consideration and see what can be done regarding foliage around the pool area. I was also glad to read that my staff were able to address and rectify any issues that you experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit to St. Augustine.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding, but checked out early. Not typical of a Hampton Inn. Very small room. Smelled musty as if problems with ventilation. No exhaust fan in bathroom. Low water pressure. Breakfast was disappointing. It appears they pre-prepared the mixed fruit in one big bowl causing to all taste odd. Definitely not fresh. Management seemed somewhat disinterested in our concerns. Would not recommend this hotel when staying in the Ancient City.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear gonoles24,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our property here in St. Augustine. I was disappointed to read of the issues you endured and will be sure to resolve them to the best of my ability. I regret that you were dissatisfied with our particular property but do trust that you will enjoy other Hampton properties for your travel needs.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This St. Augustine Hampton Inn hotel was clean and the common area is nicely decorated. It is fairly far away from the historic sections of St. Augustine. The room rate was reasonable but I visited during the off season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Karen J F,

Thank you for your recent review of our property! We do value your comments and your kind words about our cleanliness and lobby décor were very encouraging. We value and appreciate your business and we do look forward to your next visit to our lovely city.