“Great Location, limited parking, rooms need updating”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First off let me begin by saying, the Hilton brand of hotels is my favorite brand. So I do expect a certain level of service and accommodations. The service here was good. The front desk personnel were helpful and courteous. The lobby was clean and the limited breakfast was average or better. The rooms are dated but appeared to be reasonably clean. There was no refrigerator or microwave in our room (a feature I've become accustomed to with this brand) However, when I called the desk and requested a refrigerator, they were very accommodating and within 10 minutes, one was brought up. The parking lot is small and parking can become a problem. On our second night the main entrance was blocked due to double parking simply because there aren't enough spaces for the number of rooms. The location of this hotel is excellent, it's near anything and everywhere that a visitor would need or want (not within walking distance, but certainly within a few minutes by car). Bottom line: I would stay here again, but I would like the see the rooms updated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear TerryIB,
Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on our property- your feedback is very important to us. I do apologize for the lack of a fridge and microwave in your room. Part of our renovation improvements is to have these amenities in every guest room and I was unaware your particular room was missing them. I was glad to hear my front desk and maintenance staff took care of this issue for you in a timely manner. We do look forward to welcoming you back after the completion of our property renovation!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Chose this location because the Hampton Inn Saint Augustine Beach was booked. Check in was easy with no issues. The front lobby was very clean and updated, however the rooms were less than desirable and are in need of some renovation. Location is close to historic district which is an added bonus.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear MattnBrandi,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our lobby renovations and look forward to seeing you again once the room renovations are complete. As we are the closest Hampton to the Historic District I appreciate you choosing us as your second choice amongst the Hampton Inns here in St. Augustine. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very close to the trolley stops, historic areas, and attractions. The staff were excellent. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. There was little space in the room, but amenities were convenient. Beds were very comfortable. Showers hot and good water pressure. Breakfast was ample in spite of the large crowd during spring break due to the attendance of the am staff in replenishing frequently.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Leigh M,
Thank you for such a lovely review of our property! Our team here is working very closely to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable and memorable visit. I was happy to hear that they took such good care of you during your stay and on behalf of all of us here at the Hampton Inn Historic we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful. The hotel was perfect for touring many local attractions. Breakfast was a bonus with a nice variety of hot and cold options. We would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear, HD03172013

I am glad see that the location of the hotel was perfect for you and it allowed you visit the sites
you wanted without any difficulties. We do have a nice breakfast and we are glad that you enjoyed it. Please tell your friends about us and we look forward to seeing them.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Conveniently located near the historic district but not near the loud bars and restaurants. Front desk personnel very candid and honest with restaurant selections. Spacious breakfast area. I seek out this brand often and knew what to expect. Wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear driffy77,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your with us and the staff was able to suggest a restaurant for dinner. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wasn't happy with the location. Unless you are taking the trolley, it is a bit of a walk to St. George Street, which was a bit scarey after dark. The breakfast wasn't bad and the beds were comfortable, but the room was very small and the A/C unit was working poorly. Staff were not very friendly. I waited 20 minutes for coffee to brew, finally had to leave and the staff could have cared less. I think this hotel is way overpriced for what you get and its location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear dianna8503,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you had with your stay. I will address the problems you had and speak to the staff about your comments. I assure you this is not the norm. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were very happy staying at this hotel. The entire staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. No matter what we asked for, our needs were met. The trolley picking us up at the front door was also a great convenience. We would just ask the front desk to call the trolley service and it was there within a few minutes. The hotel was still under renovation but it looked like the only thing in our room that still needed changing was the carpet and that was supposedly up next to complete. The bathroom was immaculate and the room was clean and spacious. The Lobby was already renovated and was beautiful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and loved being close to the Lobby and breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Judy B

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that staff was able to take care of all your requests. We are planning to replacie all of the carpet in the hotel and this should be
completed very soon. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.