“Not a great Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
St. Augustine
“Not a great Hampton Inn”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went for a college trip with my daughter. All staff very friendly but the hotel seems worn. Might have been a lower level hotel (La Quinta maybe?) that was upgraded superficially to meet Hampton standards. No closet in room, just a warddrobe, shower very short (I am 6', shower head was about 5'6"), AC was loud, pool was small and not in great condition or care. Did not see pool towels anywhere. Rest of items were OK but it just was not the best in the Hampton Inn brand. Nothing made it stand out other than friendly service and location.

Room Tip: Was overall a convenient location-close to downtown.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank getaway00
Jeff V, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest ,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for staying with us when you were in town. As GM at this property, I’m sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of our property. We do have planned renovations that will address some of the areas you discussed. Our hotel prides its self on cleanliness and customer service and your review will allow us an opportunity to improve those areas Our intent is to 100% satisfy all our guest.

Hampton Inn Historic St. Augustine fl.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Free parking. Near downtown and most sights. 2 miles from lovely beaches. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Great for a weekend getaway. Nothing fancy.

• Stayed July 2012
Jeff V, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks again for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. I hope you can come back for another visit and we again can provide the accommodations’ and service that makes you feel welcome.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was very disappointed with this Hampton Inn. Yes the building my have been older than most however that is not a reason to allow the place to fall apart. The carpet in our room had stains all over the A/C was not the best and the shower was way too small. When you remodel a building it should look almost perfect on the inside. I shouldn't be able to see the sub-floor from my bed. The Hilton in town is a much better deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, July 10, 2012

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The receptionist at check in was very nice but not very helpful about restaurants--the breakfoot food was mediocre. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy-we got connecting rooms which was a great blessing(my mother and daughter were in one room and I was in another) but the pool was dirty and the person at the front desk (different person than at check in) was not very helpful. I do not plan to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear guest ,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for staying with us when you were in town. As GM at this property, I’m sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of our pool, breakfast food, and the perceived uncaring staff member during you stay at the hotel Our hotel prides its self on cleanliness and customer service and your review will allow us an opportunity to improve those areas. I’m disappointed that we will not be given another chance so that you personally can see how we have improved. I hope your stay with our hotel will not prevent you from staying with other Hilton properties. Our intent is to 100% satisfy all our guest.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The staff at the Hampton go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to assist you in any way possible. From fresh baked cookies to the freshest scent of linen its a delight staying here, even in the rain. The atmosphere of kindness and gratitude is contagious, even if you're arriving weary and tired. Helpful and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you above and beyond the usual. I would definitely reccommend to anyone visiting this area. Thank you all for your generosity of spirit.

Kirk and Kathryn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirk and Kathryn ,

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was a nice hotel, the receptionist was very helpful and we got a lovely quiet room, and very comfortable beds. The historic district was about a 20 minute walk from the hotel and was a lovely walk. The Fountain of Youth was only about a 15 minute walk. There was no fridge or microwave in the room and the room was a little on the small size but overall for the price very good. The pool was right on the road side and it was a busy road. The breakfast in the morning was very good. Places to eat required a 15 minute walk which when the weather is not too hot is lovely. The sight seeing trains were quite expensive but did take you everywhere and you could get on and off anywhere during the day and get on again when you had looked round - the hotel would sort this out for you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GOODHANDBAG
Dear Guest,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for your positive feedback! I’m so glad that you enjoyed you visit to the oldest city. It’s our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service, and I’m so glad you chose our hotel for your lodging needs. We do have plans to add a fridge and microwave in all the rooms. Hopefully by your next visit to our hotel.

Gainesville, FL
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Staff was nice, breakfast good. Rooms relatively quiet. A little too far to walk to downtown but short drive to downtown and vilano beach. Can walk to carousel and park if you have kids. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Guest,